Well.... Bought another saw off the bay..... Hows about a Homelite 1050 Super....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well...... I am now officially completely broke till next Tuesday after laying out $140 for this 1050 Super. It is coming with a new 30" Carlton bar, new carb, new muffler, new clutch but the seller claims it needs a flywheel to get it running. Not sure why there was "no action" on this saw since it was priced so cheap? Hope everybody else didn't know something that I don't...........

Homelite 1050 super | eBay

KGrHqYOKjYE43-6s9ftBOPvtrVW0_12.jpg

KGrHqIOKkIE4gocS8sBOPvt1sddw0_12.jpg

KGrHqEOKikE4nol4hCBOPvtzS30_12.jpg

I know something you don't...

I'd like that bar. :D

Flywheel, you say? Maybe it cracked somewhere or the magnets fell out, or several fins have broke off...

Is the key way damaged?

I'm not sure, but I heard tell that was a Chinese copy made during Mao Tse Tungs reign..........:hmm3grin2orange: However I could be mistakin', and if that's the case then I guess congratulations are in order to you.:cheers:

I think the fact that it was $140 was the reason there was no action on it. It doesn't appear to be in any sort of mint condition, and it doesn't run. The value in the saw is seen by one who knows how to obtain what it takes to get it running, and you, sir, are one who knows how to find the parts and do the work to get it going :cheers:

I know something you don't...

I'd like that bar. :D

Flywheel, you say? Maybe it cracked somewhere or the magnets fell out, or several fins have broke off...

Is the key way damaged?

I sure do hope to find a seared key.....

I'm not sure, but I heard tell that was a Chinese copy made during Mao Tse Tungs reign..........:hmm3grin2orange: However I could be mistakin', and if that's the case then I guess congratulations are in order to you.:cheers:
Oh no........ I got stuck with a fake Homelite 1050..... Oh well,I will just unload it on the next sucker..... :msp_biggrin:

I think the fact that it was $140 was the reason there was no action on it. It doesn't appear to be in any sort of mint condition, and it doesn't run. The value in the saw is seen by one who knows how to obtain what it takes to get it running, and you, sir, are one who knows how to find the parts and do the work to get it going :cheers:

I do seem to have a talent for finding the parts I need, when I need them and at a steal of a price. Can't wait to get it here and find out just what I have gotten myself into.

I went and looked at it.
The guy lives the next town over.
You did good, as it has what looked like a brand new muffler and carb set up on it.
Didn't dig into it to deep as it was not a gear drive! LOL!
For a $150, the parts and P/C are worth that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice score!

I went and looked at it.
The guy lives the next town over.
You did good, as it has what looked like a brand new muffler and carb set up on it.
Didn't dig into it to deep as it was not a gear drive! LOL!
For a $150, the parts and P/C are worth that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice score!

That is what I was counting on and I glad to hear that you actually looked at the saw. I will trade it even for the Contra GS AV you just found.......:biggrin:

I will even throw in a XL-12 to make up the cc difference...

Johnnie,

Nice score, hope you get it up and running. If you are off the weekend of September 16-18 think about bringing a bunch of your saws down to Richmond for Field Day of the Past. I hope to have some of mine there and David Harsh is always there doing demonstrations.

Gary

Nice!

Congrats on your "new" saw!!

Check your PM box once in a while?? :msp_confused:

The 1050 showed up today and I am extremely pleased with what I bought, the saw has massive compression when turning the flywheel by hand and good fire. I can only find a couple issues with this saw, the biggest one being that the threads for one of the starter pawls is stripped and it looks like the bolt/pawl bounced around behind the recoil, unfortunately both pawls are gone. I have two options in mind here. One is I use a time-sert or heil core to repair the threads? The other is to re-tap the hole to a slightly larger thread and drill the pawl out to fit the new bolt size? Either way I am going to have to track down both pawls, springs and bolts.

100_2451.jpg

100_2453.jpg

100_2454.jpg

100_2455.jpg

100_2457.jpg

100_2475.jpg

Got a bit if of good news when I checked some IPL's. Seems that the old XL-800 I bought, the one that turned out to be a turd, uses the same starter pawls and springs as the 1050. So I dug the flywheel out of my parts box and robbed me some parts, now I just have to find some shoulder bolts and a way to fix the threads in the flywheel. I also pulled the ignition system and removed the old plug wire, boy that sucker was glued in there some kind of good. This saw uses the old 5mm tin coated copper core wire, which I have here already.

Congrats on the 1050 - I have a few of these and they are fun to run. Plenty of parts around as well.
With the damaged thread I would use a time sert. Helicoils work well but can 'pull' over time. If an insert is used properly it should never give any real trouble. This will keep the thread std which, unless it cannot be avoided should IMO be the goal everytime.
Too many times I have worked on machines where things have been replaced with whatever was handy at the time, and it can be very frustrating!

Good luck with it - I am sure she will be up and running in no time.

Regards,

Chris.

Great buy Johnnie, that bar alone is worth plenty. I bet you get it running fine in no time at all. Rep sent!

Al.

Latest posts

Back