well I did it!

• Thread starter Deleted member 135597
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 135597

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a blaze king. I decided on the princess parlor. I like the look of legs versus pedestal. I also got the fan kit and reduced clearance side shields. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas! Hopefully this stove performs as well as everybody claims it does. My two main reasons for upgrading stoves are less wood consumption and longer burns, and from what I have heard/read, blaze king is the leader in this department. I will report back with burn times etc. after I get some use out of it. Bring on winter! Thank you to Chris (BKVP) for answering my 10000 stupid questions.

I hear you, it's a ton of cash, but I think of it as a lifetime investment (hopefully)

I welcome any tips, tricks or any other information you feel is useful in owning one of these stoves

Probably been said a thousand times but keep the door gasket tight with the dollar bill test. Also make sure you burn you fresh load of wood in before you shut her down. Don't open the door without opening the bypass um other than that... it's just gonna be a boring long long wait for the next reload lol.

I would like to see some pics too. I have been making plans for building a new house and have considered a Blazeking or OWB. I'm still a couple years out but I want to have my ducks in a row so I can pull the trigger when the time is right. If you don't mind me asking, what size house are you heating and what did you pay for the BK? I'll definitely be interested to see a review of it after you use it a while too

House is a 1300sqft ranch. Stove is located at the far right side of the house. In the room with the stove I put in an exhaust fan in the ceiling and ran insulated flex duct to a register on the opposite side of the house. It comes out in the hallway right in front of the bedrooms. Worked well with my stove I have now. I paid $3600 with fan kit, side shields, and shipping. Went to 3 dealers and this was the best I could do in this area. (Central NJ)

I would like to see some pics too. I have been making plans for building a new house and have considered a Blazeking or OWB. I'm still a couple years out but I want to have my ducks in a row so I can pull the trigger when the time is right. If you don't mind me asking, what size house are you heating and what did you pay for the BK? I'll definitely be interested to see a review of it after you use it a while too

I think an OWB would be way down on my list of choices if I was building a new house again. First choice would likely be mini-splits combined with a wood stove for the real cold. So I would heavily consider a BK. Or if I had more than one building to heat, an indoor boiler in an outbuilding/shop along with my whole winters wood and room to work at stuff.

Stove arrived at dealer on Thursday and I picked it up on Friday. My wife and I got it unloaded and into the house without too many issues with the use of ramps a hand truck and a ratchet strap. Put on the ash pan, legs, side shields and fan kit. tested the fans and then slid her back in place. Hooked up the double wall pipe and now we need some cold weather to try her out. Everything looks good so far, stove is pretty much what I expected as far as fit and finish. I'm very happy with it and look forward to long burn times!photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

House is a 1300sqft ranch. Stove is located at the far right side of the house. In the room with the stove I put in an exhaust fan in the ceiling and ran insulated flex duct to a register on the opposite side of the house. It comes out in the hallway right in front of the bedrooms. Worked well with my stove I have now. I paid $3600 with fan kit, side shields, and shipping. Went to 3 dealers and this was the best I could do in this area. (Central NJ)
How long of a run for the flex?

Stove arrived at dealer on Thursday and I picked it up on Friday. My wife and I got it unloaded and into the house without too many issues with the use of ramps a hand truck and a ratchet strap. Put on the ash pan, legs, side shields and fan kit. tested the fans and then slid her back in place. Hooked up the double wall pipe and now we need some cold weather to try her out. Everything looks good so far, stove is pretty much what I expected as far as fit and finish. I'm very happy with it and look forward to long burn times!View attachment 445233 View attachment 445234
I can tell, you didn't do a burn off outside......when a day gets cool enough, you can have the windows wide open,,id light er up.. i would...betcha, theres a non rust coating on it needs burnt off.........

I can tell, you didn't do a burn off outside......when a day gets cool enough, you can have the windows wide open,,id light er up.. i would...betcha, theres a non rust coating on it needs burnt off.........
I plan on doing this. I heard they could be very stinky. Thanks

Yes sirer bob should be a big bold sticky at the top of the page.
BEFORE YOU BRING YOUR WOOD BURNER IN THE HOUISE BUILD A BIG HOT FIRE IN IT OUT SIDE.
He he I learned from one of the dummer experts I know when his wife made him pop for a motel room for almost a week.

My wife isn't so bad on smells but even she would have wanter a room away from home if I had fire this baby up inside the house.

:D Al

Yes sirer bob should be a big bold sticky at the top of the page.
BEFORE YOU BRING YOUR WOOD BURNER IN THE HOUISE BUILD A BIG HOT FIRE IN IT OUT SIDE.
He he I learned from one of the dummer experts I know when his wife made him pop for a motel room for almost a week.

My wife isn't so bad on smells but even she would have wanter a room away from home if I had fire this baby up inside the house.

:D Al
oh man! hopefully it's not quite that bad

Back