Well, now I have to deal with competition when wood scrounging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenToys

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Riverhead offers Free Firewood Day to residents

The Jig is Up. There goes my little personal clean relatively easy scrounging places that I frequent every weekend. For all the yard stuff I bring there; Imust take out easily 3 times as much in firewood.
Seriously tho; I still can't figure out why I am pretty much known on a first name basis at the landfill :rock: . I hope to be seeing more of the wood there gone shortly before the big mulcher come and grinds it all to a pulp except for the Black Locust. It's all "junk!". I'll take care of that for them.

Riverhead offers Free Firewood Day to residents

The Jig is Up. There goes my little personal clean relatively easy scrounging places that I I frequent every weekend. For all the yard stuff I bring there; Imust take out easily 3 times as much in firewood.
Seriously tho; I still can't figure out why I am pretty much known on a first name basis at the landfill :rock: . I hope to be seeing more of the wood there gone shortly before the big mulcher come and grinds it all to a pulp except for the Black Locust. It's all "junk!". I'll take care of that for them.

I had a similar situation here in My town. I'd get any decent firewood I could from the city yard, first come basis of course. One day I received a letter from th city saying that wood would now be available at the city lot adjacent to the dump yard......and it went out to every home in the city!!!!! All I can get now is the really large, crotchy, nasty stuff no one else has equipment for. I wouldn't mind but they won't let me use a saw to block the stuff up so I can move it easier. I had to install a winch on my trailer. I'm feeling your pain, brother.:bang::bang:

Dave

I had a similar situation here in My town. I'd get any decent firewood I could from the city yard, first come basis of course. One day I received a letter from th city saying that wood would now be available at the city lot adjacent to the dump yard......and it went out to every home in the city!!!!! All I can get now is the really large, crotchy, nasty stuff no one else has equipment for. I wouldn't mind but they won't let me use a saw to block the stuff up so I can move it easier. I had to install a winch on my trailer. I'm feeling your pain, brother.:bang::bang:

Dave

Still though, a winch isn't that bad of a deal, and getting it right there is still easier than schlepping stuff outta the woods.

Can you just go out to your local landfill and pay the dump fee...and then scrounge for wood that people have dumped?

Back