went to the county fair today...saw husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csx7006

BNSF Amarillo Division Railfan
Reaction score
Today was the last day of the Onslow county fair. I saw some Husqvarna saws there on displat and some of their lawn mowers on display. I shouldve brought a camera and saw the 372XP there. It looks good. 1 of the salesman says that saw has my name on it. I asked him if there is a west coast version and he scratched his head. He than told me that Husqvarna is better than Stihl because of the bearings. I asked him on the warrenty and the warrenty is 1 year. I asked him if i could test drive it tommorow and he said sure and hell try to match a model with my homelite 540 and the MS660. Any suggestions guys before i dig my hole?

Hard to dig a hole if your hands are in your pockets!

Don't know what to say about the bearings being better....Sounds like he was at a loss for words to me. Remember, you are an educated saw buyer.

372's are nice saws. Also remember that a brand-new saws needs some tanks run through it before the rings are fully seated. Pay attention to the vibration level when you run it. Should be real smooooth. :cheers:

hummm really Ok you buy that saw with the better bearings. I will take that old saw, what was it 660 I think? Yea I will take it off your hands, really doing you a favor I won't even charge a disposal fee. If you have to have some money for it you let me know a price. I'm looking for a 660.

I've been through a couple 044s, 046s, and 066s, and bought my first 372XP used last week. I prefer the 372XP hands down. And yes, they do make a West Coast version with the full wrap handle and big dawgs. They sell 'em on Ebay fairly often. They also sell new 372XPs on Ebay. Last I looked, Amick's has 'em for right at $700. See if Madsen's Saw Shop still has a website. They're out West, and used to sell Huskys at a discount.

I would wait for a West Coast version myself. One will turn up somewhere.

Today was the last day of the Onslow county fair. I saw some Husqvarna saws there on displat and some of their lawn mowers on display. I shouldve brought a camera and saw the 372XP there. It looks good. 1 of the salesman says that saw has my name on it. I asked him if there is a west coast version and he scratched his head. He than told me that Husqvarna is better than Stihl because of the bearings. I asked him on the warrenty and the warrenty is 1 year. I asked him if i could test drive it tommorow and he said sure and hell try to match a model with my homelite 540 and the MS660. Any suggestions guys before i dig my hole?

The bearing comment was BS, his way of trying to sell you on the saw. I'll overnight a 440 and 460 your way so you can take them with ya and show him how bad those bearings are.:hmm3grin2orange:

If you like it, buy it. It will be a nice compliment to you're 660. It's a very nice saw, great power, handling, air filtration, low vibes, fast cutting saw. They sound wicked too, especially muf. modded.

Even though I have plenty of other saws, the 372 is a very sweet saw for those pretty good sized trees, but not huge. The saw goes. Haven't had it bog, but I've only had it in about 20" logs, over that I go for my bigger saw. Hint: I will be taken this and my 361 with me this weekend when I go out cutting, along with a top handle saw.
Chad

send that sales rep to sales pitch 101 :hmm3grin2orange:

The bearing comment was BS, his way of trying to sell you on the saw. I'll overnight a 440 and 460 your way so you can take them with ya and show him how bad those bearings are.:hmm3grin2orange:

After ^he^ sends you down the Stihls I will send you down a Dolmar 7900 to compare with all the above.

My guess is you will have a 7900 with your name written on it. :greenchainsaw:

After using the 372xp and the 044 as well as the the 7900 it's hard to believe they are in the same class. But I think the 7900 is alot heavier than the Husky or Stihl, even though Dolmar says it isn't.
I still use the Dolmar because it's an awesome saw. I just don't think Dolmar is tell us the truth when it comes to the weight. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Ok i wil do that then

Hard to dig a hole if your hands are in your pockets!

Don't know what to say about the bearings being better....Sounds like he was at a loss for words to me. Remember, you are an educated saw buyer.

He was at a lost of words. He also said to ask any logger about their saws.

I went to the store today and found out the damm store was closed till monday. :cry: I guess ill show him monday then.

csx7006 said:
He than told me that Husqvarna is better than Stihl because of the bearings.

The earliest 371s had bearing issues here, on both PTO and flywheel sides.

When the 385 first came out, it had a major PTO side bearing issue. The balls weren't tempered correctly and the bearings were blowing out after around 50-60 days of professional timber cutting. To rectify this in the early days we were using an MS-660 bearing in the company saws and off-setting it 2mm.

So when the 575 came out, again the PTO side bearing issue raised its ugly head. Only this time, the PTO side seal was built into the bearing ala 056. Fortunately Husky got a batch of replacements out from a different supplier relatively quickly.

The results are in.

I went to the dealer to do the demo days and thay had me testdrive a 450 rancher. I was impressed with it because it was less vibrations than my stihl and my homelites. The dealer also had dolmar and i saw the 7900 that alot of people was praising about. Found out that he sells GB bars and chain. I will post pics tonight

Latest posts

Back