West Coast Fallers Pay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure it would be a lot less than that when I wanted to curl up and take a nap. Its been some years now since Ive sawed full time. Then it was 8-10 hours. Always takes a couple months to harden up to sawing shape.
lol !! man did you say a mouth full, and that is if your not an old fat man still trying to do it like his minds still thunkin he,s 30!! hey???? lol 9 hours a day since sept. last and still find my azz draggin like a wet cost timber feller.....

How much wood is a guy expected to put down for that wage on a given day? I have never worked for a day wage, or paid a day wage, so really have no experience there. All of my personal experience has been by the hour or piece work. I confess, 90+ dollars an hour seems too good to be true.
Many places in California are paying $100 an hour now. Some here in Oregon are at $90 already. The $500 for 6 hours are not going to be extremely common so yes I'd say a cutter who wants to work here will want to be reasonably productive.

Experienced old timers are welcome and don't worry because we'll make especially sure you fellas are taken well care of. You men have paid your dues. Any man who disagrees with that statement need not apply here.

Anyone who is interested and experienced especially if you are from the Coastal area Can PM me and I'll contact you via a phone call.

The most qualified should expect work first and there will be work in a few months.

We can pee standing up with practice. Is that all you have to do to make $500 a day??? It comes in pastel colors too.
http://www.go-girl.com/
I have worked with Montana fallers. They didn't seem any different from the local cutters. Just a little bit in awe when they got to cut out some nice, tall Doug-fir for a landing. They were quite humble, and not fixated on peeing. I taught them how to mark timber. They were quick to learn and I don't think they changed the way they peed on the days they marked timber.
Slowp, many of you do pee standing up. There are quite a few who don't. The ones who don't are getting paid around $200 a day just to drop a hint.

What an insult to the Coastal Cutting Profession. I intend to work on changing that problem. These fellas are being taking advantage of. No cutter should be forced to piss squating. :numberone:

Shod

awright damnit I'm in where ya cutting and who you cutting for?

I'm fat but don't let that fool ya.

I'm gimpy but it only slows me down in the morning.

I'm not sending no personal message, you can send me one, but don't count on me sending you anything, until I hear who, what, where and when.

Ya got until tommorrow to reply otherwise hope you piss in yer own boots.

Many places in California are paying $100 an hour now.

I don't know of anybody around here that pays fallers by the hour. LOL...name three in California who are paying 100 an hour. Hell, just name one that pays that much. If a guy was busheling in big timber on good ground he might make that much but it wouldn't be steady , it wouldn't be every day, and it's probably so far back from the road that they have to camp all week. That's all normal but for 100 bucks an hour a guy might be tempted.

Now, before I call my guys and get their hopes up, tell me about this 500 dollar job you're offering. Answer the same questions I asked in my other post. The name of your company? Are you signing the checks or are you the bullbuck? Will they be running their own numbers? Size of the timber? Will they need to bring trailers? Yarder? Helicopter? If it's helicopter are they gonna fly the fallers in and out? Camp out or drive every day?

I've logged in California most of my life. Who did you work for down here? I might know them. Where did you work? Coast, Sierras?

A quick reply from you would be welcome. Otherwise some of us are gonna start to think that maybe, just maybe, you're talking through your hat.

I don't know of anybody around here that pays fallers by the hour. LOL...name three in California who are paying 100 an hour. Hell, just name one that pays that much. If a guy was busheling in big timber on good ground he might make that much but it wouldn't be steady , it wouldn't be every day, and it's probably so far back from the road that they have to camp all week. That's all normal but for 100 bucks an hour a guy might be tempted.

Now, before I call my guys and get their hopes up, tell me about this 500 dollar job you're offering. Answer the same questions I asked in my other post. The name of your company? Are you signing the checks or are you the bullbuck? Will they be running their own numbers? Size of the timber? Will they need to bring trailers? Yarder? Helicopter? If it's helicopter are they gonna fly the fallers in and out? Camp out or drive every day?

A quick reply from you would be welcome. Otherwise some of us are gonna start to think that maybe, just maybe, you're talking through your hat.
Gologit, I'm just a fella whoa been at this for a long time. Some of the mills here in Oregon will be signing the Check I receive because the fact is its the only way I'll operate. It guarantees fellas to get paid. The mills that are wanting to work with me I have convinced of the cutter demand that will soon not be met here and so are discussing with me the option of contacting directly for the mill. Many of the mills in Northern California have recognized the benefit this has in ensuring there wood gets cut.

Your right, most cutter in northern California are busheled. Here in Oregon it'd mostly day wage. Metzinger logging in northern California pays there cutters $600 a day day wage. Columbia helicopters logged a sierra burn last year that was also $600 a day.

Friendo, if you've got some good cutters and I'm sure you do we should stay contact here and when it all pans out you can have yourself a chat with the mills I'm chatting with to get a lagitamacy verification.

I don't have any signed contracts yet but I'm working on that and its sounding very promising. The word is from one mill they will use me. We are also discussing a jypo option. The jypo option will be good enough that the faster fellas will do better than $500 a day. Probably closer to $800.

If the tv set wasn't 300 miles away I might watch it.

Hey, I've been trying to think of an avatar for Oly. Any ideas?

How's the weather up there? How's Benny?

It was a decent day. Benny needs a bath but I need to heal up a bit before I can drag him into the bathroom. The house smells like dog.

Back