West Ky 385/390 build off update....$$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna see fast, but my 2 cents arnt worth that much.

I wanna see fast, but my 2 cents arnt worth that much.

Fast and stock chain aren't exactly two things that go together. If you want to see fast make a separate pot and do $5 entries for running your own chain. Winner splits with whoever bought the cants. But the build off with stock chain gives everyone a chance to be competitive. Just an idea. Mills don't give cants away.

Fast and stock chain aren't exactly two things that go together. If you want to see fast make a separate pot and do $5 entries for running your own chain. Winner splits with whoever bought the cants. But the build off with stock chain gives everyone a chance to be competitive. Just an idea. Mills don't give cants away.

Maybe I should have said as fast as possible?

Wish it wasn't so far o finished building my 385 a couple of weeks ago and it has spoiled me I just thought I liked my 359 dam ported 385 is a animal.

These gtg's are a lot of fun, but are all about competition. Their always seems to something that causes discention amongst the ranks. If you won, you must have cheated right? Lol.
A chain race can be fun too, everyone gets a new off the roll chain and has 5 minutes to file it and runs it on the same 385.
An open class would be good too for all the guys who have done all the extra work to their saws and chain.
Ok, I'll mind my own FB. Lol
The most fun is always had by those who have no illusion of winning. Lol
John

Any clear cut to the chase build rules been posted? I have looked and cant find any.

So any carb can be used and long as it is a factory boot. Lot of factory boots. So does it have to be a 385/390 boot only?

Does it have to have a working choke?

The title just says build off 385/390 and 87 octane mix. So is it a REAL work saw build where the saw must make multiple cuts to show it isnt a race gtg saw or a gas race saw in disguise?

Does it have to be a stock bore 385 390 OEM cylinder or as long as stock cylinder used?

Does stock piston from 385 and 390 have to be used or can pistons from others be used.

I'm just trying to clear the air for folks looking at this from the outside like me. Been down these roads many times in past years.

Any clear cut to the chase build rules been posted? I have looked and cant find any.

So any carb can be used and long as it is a factory boot. Lot of factory boots. So does it have to be a 385/390 boot only?

Does it have to have a working choke?

The title just says build off 385/390 and 87 octane mix. So is it a REAL work saw build where the saw must make multiple cuts to show it isnt a race gtg saw or a gas race saw in disguise?

Does it have to be a stock bore 385 390 OEM cylinder or as long as stock cylinder used?

Does stock piston from 385 and 390 have to be used or can pistons from others be used.

I'm just trying to clear the air for folks looking at this from the outside like me. Been down these roads many times in past years.
Forestry approved spark arrestors?

Latest posts

Back