what age is my 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiseltooth

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, someone will know this, how do i work out the age of me new (old) 064?basically how do i decepher the serial number?

There is not date encodig in Stihl serial numbers - they are sequential units produced.

Post the number.. we can get close by the first few digits.

i rang Stihl UK today and talked to them, but they only have records of serial numbers for the last 5 years! DOH. also the tech guy said the year should be marked where the yellow CE label is on the back of the chain break. Not on mine it aint, but it might be for some of you guys needing to find the year of your saws.
So its down to someone on here helping.or i brush up on my german and go to the source of the wild 064AV.
cheers.

The serialnumber on my 064 saw is 123965263. The saw is made in 1986 i hope this gives you a clue.

Bilde007.jpg

Bilde013.jpg

thanks bonden,
my brake handle only has safety instructions in yellow, no dates.
but looking at your number, maybe mine is slightly earier 1985 perhaps.
still its in good nick for its age.
good luck.

LOL his is not an 1986... Heck the sticker says 1988 on it. The stamped # is not the date... My guess is 1992... Unless they assembled it 2 years before they made the sticker :).. Maybe a typo

i did see that too. its all too confucing.why dont stihl just put a year tag on the saws. easy.

My fault, i ment 1988 like the stikker says. I baught it from the first owner hi baugth it new with a Logosol sawmill in winter 1988.

have to say i'm surprised how light the 064 is. nice balance too. was expecting it to be heavy, considering my experience of the dolmar 123. what is the opinion of the drive sproket though. do they last out good ? . is it as good as the sproket on the earlier series 2 husky xps?

Back