What are the two most important things you leaned here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. That I am not alone.
2. Despite not even knowing that there was such a thing as saw chaps before I stumbled across this site, I bought a set (and face guard w/ ear protection) and don't even pull the starter cord without them now.

The OP could just as easily asked for the top ten and I'd still have a hard time narrowing down the list but these are the first two that come to mind. I've learned a lot and had some good laughs (Sorry Avalancher) but, as stated, have mostly just enjoyed this rather perverse fellowship of people who do for fun (or small profit) what most wouldn't do for a six-figure salary.

1) 4) I have learned that after a hard days work on the wood pile and at the advice of my doctor, a cold beer eases aches and improves ones sense of accomplishment
A cold CASE is what you meant....right??
1} I've learned there's alot of other people out there that can't wait to start their saw up and increase the amount of wood they have.
2} For every question about cutting or burning wood there's 10-15 answers and about 9-10 of them are right.:cheers:

1: Last year I learned how innoculations of mycorhizae can increase the movement of water through the tree's vascular system to a significant enough degree to consider it as a companion treatment for bacterial leaf scorch, along with OTC, due to it's ability to dilute the pathogen within the plant.

2: Chasing "rep bling" is like hangin hubcaps on your tractor.

:kilt: happy new year

#1 I don't Have CAD, and MUST resist.

#2 There's lotsa good folks out there who are as sick, or sicker than I am, and I ain't alone...

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I've learned that there are a lot of good people on this site that are willing to help others and spend thier precious time giving advice for free, even when the advice they give is how they make thier living.

I've also learned that I'm not the only one that wants to laugh and giggle as a BIG tree starts to fall and then hits the ground where you wanted it to.
There is just something about that SSWWOOOOOOSSSHHHH and TTHHHUUUDDDD thats makes you smile.:greenchainsaw:

When I drive I use to look at the woods and see good deer country, now all I see is lots of firewood that is easy to get to. IF ONLY.......

Keep Sawin'
Keep Grinnin'
Keep Safe
Boilerhouse

I've also learned that I'm not the only one that wants to laugh and giggle as a BIG tree starts to fall and then hits the ground where you wanted it to.

:agree2:

I honestly have learned so much in the short time I've been here I don't know which two I should put down. All I know is it's the best, most respectful forum I've ever been on. Also the reason I check it five times a day.:) Thanks to all the folks on her. :cheers:

There are many, but the two most for me are: 1) not to use used motor oil in the oil reservoir and 2) having never been in a dedicated Stihl or Husky store before coming here, I always used to not think about there being a difference between them and a homeowner saw. I'm afraid to say it, but the truth is, I thought the Homelite 330 my dad gave me was a big saw before I found this site.:monkey: Then I used a Husky 268 and then saw the difference of a Pro type saw compared to a homeowner type. I've got a Husky 272XP and am so impressed with how it cuts, it amazes me about all the other Husky/Stihl models bigger than my 272, they must really fly through the wood.

1. (once again,) I've learned enough about [chainsaws] to realize how little I know.

2. There are a ton of people on AS that I'd like to get firewood with.

:dizzy: #1 That so many people here know so much about firewood and equipment. I thought I was the only firewood genious around:monkey:

:cheers: #2 That so many people with the knowledge are willing to share it, without worrying whats in it for them :cheers:

Latest posts

Back