What are they thinking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are actually people who think a chainsaw is measured by the length of the bar. You throw a 32" bar on a 290 and most people think it will be just like a 460. I listed a Homelite super ez with a 16" bar for $50 and no one called, I put a 20" bar on it and listed it for $100 and it sold that day. Don't ask me why, I guess people are just ignorant.

First one was probably just bulk selling and a typo. Second one is a guy hoping to get a higher offer and the buyer will think he is getting a deal by "chopping" the price so much, and it does work. Just like a MSRP on a car.

First one was probably just bulk selling and a typo. Second one is a guy hoping to get a higher offer and the buyer will think he is getting a deal by "chopping" the price so much, and it does work. Just like a MSRP on a car.

Yep, good call.

Here's the story...
Wife is ticked that husband is spending too much time with saws... she says it's either the saws or me... Man makes a counter offer and says, I will sell a saw... I love you honey... So, sticks a MS290 on eBay for about 4x or 5x what it's worth... Wife is happy because husband is trying to sell saw, husband is happy because he gets to keep ALL of his toys and he can still sleep with the wife. :hmm3grin2orange:

Here's the story...
Wife is ticked that husband is spending too much time with saws... she says it's either the saws or me... Man makes a counter offer and says, I will sell a saw... I love you honey... So, sticks a MS290 on eBay for about 4x or 5x what it's worth... Wife is happy because husband is trying to sell saw, husband is happy because he gets to keep ALL of his toys and he can still sleep with the wife. :hmm3grin2orange:

Good analysis. I will have to keep that in mind.

did you not read the listing? that MS290 has "plenty of power to spare" even when "bucking larger trees into firewood"! :laugh::laugh:

Latest posts

Back