What Are You Guys Doin' This Longest Day of the Year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting here, on the day I arrived on this earth, trying to work . My wife has a surprise for me this evening. I'm guessing it'll be going to town to meet friends for a birthday supper.

Kevin

Happy B day Kevin, I hope it's a good one.

I've been porting a 359...

De-compressing--just returned from a church youth group mission trip in Beattyville, Kentucky. Great place. We worked on a house that had a big wood pile in front of it. First day, we started demolition on a porch, had to wait on materials. While waiting, I said to the big teenage boys, "how 'bout splittin' some wood?" You'd have thought I said let's go play! They jumped on 'em with a maul and it became a man contest with the girls watching! I even got to get out my little Homelite XL and do some more cutting. They went at it like gangbusters, splitting a rick in the rain, and going back at it for the next 3 days. We left that family with a good supply of wood to burn! What better way to be used up than in service to others.

I have been in the garage since 6 a.m. doing maintanence on the grinders. sharpening teeth ,change oil . Cleaned filters on the saws ,hand filing the 36" bar,32" 24 and 20 . I keep getting sidetracked with the miller high life.
Can't drink all day unless you start in the mornin'
finna start the grill
cheers
gregz

Killed some nice big Ponderosa, gonna have some beers and watch it rain, more of the same tomorrow - Sam

I must be a alki drink prolly 15-18 bottles o beer and no results. guess i have to get out the good stuff. i kinda drink for the effect

:rockn:

stuff399-1.jpg

Been trying to get this hay up. Having the worse luck with it this year. Got 20 acres up Saturday and the rain hit right as I finished up. Had another 25acres aross from it that was still green that got the rain. Finally got it teddored and raked today, had a PS hose bust on the tractor, had to make 3 runs to the Tractor dealer to finaaly get it fixed. Lost two hours and finally got started rolling and the rain hit me again. :angry: Hopefully tomorrow, if not a big rain is supposed to set in wednesday here and it'll be lost I'd say. It's an aweosme stand of hay and thats the heck of trying to do any farming. Have to base your whole life on chance!
Don't know if the pics will show good as it's getting dark but this is where I'm at now. Field across the way done and the other just started. Did'nt get but enough rain to make me quit early! Hopefully get it up in the morn.
100_1304.jpg

100_1303.jpg

The sky is beautiful tonight! Lord help me, I have the worse luck sometimes, but at least I'm not stuck in tha city!!!

Just got out of 10 wonderful hours of work and spending some quality time with my friend Anheuser Busch and the good people here at AS! :popcorn:

Went pickin for saws. Came home with a few. Cleaned 2 of them up. Then loaded close to 1000+- pounds of tractor weights in the truck and headed to the river. Loaded the Dixie down with weights so the boys would have a better wake to hit.

Nice day finished by pizza then home to AS.

Latest posts

Back