What are you thankful for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Reaction score
I'm thankful for:
The military and the ones who gave their lives so I can live in the land of the free.
My wife, who tolerates me.
My parents, who taught me right from wrong and that hard work is a virtue.
My children, who learned the same from me.
My friends, who have always been there for me.
God, for giving me the strength to deal with adversity.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Last edited:
I am thankful that my house is nice and warm today and I am not paying an arm and leg for it!

All the above. Plus, I'm upright and still breathing, without which the rest wouldn't matter. ;o)

I'm thankful for the folks on this site that taught me to wear ppe. my chaps saved me from a nasty cut on the knee last week. thanks guys.

All the above plus, not having to worry about taking cover in your bomb shelter at any given moment, like those in Israel right now. God has blessed the USA. And yes, thank you to any who have served in our military...

I am thankful for all the knowledge, help and fun on AS.
I am thankful that I can't name all the folks on AS who have been a blessing to me.
I am thankful for Eccentric, Sawbones, Mr. Bowsaw and others who share obscure information.
I am thankful for the younger guys like Mdavlee and JoeyMt33 who go beyond the call to help.
I am thankfully for RandyMac, Gologit, Mark H. and the other senior AS members that haven't given up on offering sound advice to the rest of us.
I am thankful that come Saturday I will have survived two years following the shredding of the lining of my cartoid artery while trying to move a 52" round out of a county road.
I am thankful for three daughters , a granddaughter, and a son-in-law that couldn't have been any better if I had picked him myself.
I am thankful for a wife that loves and puts up with me.
Most of all, I am thankful for Christ who provided forgiveness for my sins and make provision for me everyday.

Ron

For being above-ground, and for all the efforts of generations before us, that we might enjoy what we have.
Many of whom paid the ultimate price.

Now that is good stuff to be thankful for. I felt like saying...."Amen."

I am thankful for all the knowledge, help and fun on AS.
I am thankful that I can't name all the folks on AS who have been a blessing to me.
I am thankful for Eccentric, Sawbones, Mr. Bowsaw and others who share obscure information.
I am thankful for the younger guys like Mdavlee and JoeyMt33 who go beyond the call to help.
I am thankfully for RandyMac, Gologit, Mark H. and the other senior AS members that haven't given up on offering sound advice to the rest of us.
I am thankful that come Saturday I will have survived two years following the shredding of the lining of my cartoid artery while trying to move a 52" round out of a county road.
I am thankful for three daughters , a granddaughter, and a son-in-law that couldn't have been any better if I had picked him myself.
I am thankful for a wife that loves and puts up with me.
Most of all, I am thankful for Christ who provided forgiveness for my sins and make provision for me everyday.

Ron

Family,,health,home.

And for all its downfalls,I still live in the greatest country on the planet and thankful for the ones who served to make it that way.

Christ my lord..

All of the above - thanks, guys. :)

Plus, I'm thankful to have a decent job. Them's hard to come by these days and some of the folks I know are out of work.

We've all had a rough life but I wouldn't wish what I've seen on anyone. Let us be thankful for the little things we tend to take for granted... a roof over our heads and a meal on the table. :)

Im thankful to have a great family,friends,steady work, and having things some aren't fortunate to have.

Im also thankful for when we get to my BIL's house today and he says i need you to drop that big Oak over there (it was about 36" DBH)and i will do the rest, so i said sure go get me a saw so he comes back with a 14" Wild Thang i was like WTF? but anyways it fell right where i wanted it and i told my sister to buy him a real saw for Christmas.

:msp_thumbup: All what's already been listed with one small addition added at the top of the list, and that is my soul's 'salvation'. It makes all the others even more precious.

You guys have covered it pretty well. I'll just add great friends and family, and the fact that the line between the two is pretty blurry.

On a somewhat lighter note, thanks to all the wood gurus on AS, without whose guidance I'd probably be going out in the morning to cut next week's wood instead of next year's. Thanks also to those who turned me on to Pro saws, Fiskars tools, and coming soon, EPA stoves.

Got a lot to be thankful for. And on top of that, I got a call about a log cutting job today. Not permanent, just a small piece of timber a landowner wants to thin out. But it will keep me busy a week or ten days and who knows, maybe a crew will need a cutter by then.

Latest posts

Back