What did you buy for your saw this week?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a new classic case for my 550xp, never had fuel in it yet. Also bought some new metal intake clamp set ups for 346xp and 359. Hoping next wk to but a lot of parts for another 346xp. I also bought a used 024 av and 026, but my dad snagged them before I got home. Guess we both have CAD bad.

Well, hell, I'll bite! I bought the big bore 'short block' kit for my MS290 from Bailey's...it came in plus some other parts to rebuild my other engine to stock. I took tickhound93's advice to go big or go home, but decided in the interest of expediting thangs...planning to go into the orange orchards next weekend...to just get the whole engine and be done with it. A little apprehensive cuz the engine ain't OEM, but...on the other hand, it's not the Saw of Saws either...

My Forester Platinum 24" bar for the Stihl 461 came in the other day. I've now the 32" bar plus two chains and this 24" bar and several Husky chains for this new bar. Now if the snow will only hurry up and melt, I might actually get to see how the saw runs under a load.

Well, hell, I'll bite! I bought the big bore 'short block' kit for my MS290 from Bailey's...it came in plus some other parts to rebuild my other engine to stock. I took tickhound93's advice to go big or go home, but decided in the interest of expediting thangs...planning to go into the orange orchards next weekend...to just get the whole engine and be done with it. A little apprehensive cuz the engine ain't OEM, but...on the other hand, it's not the Saw of Saws either...
I have 2 or 3 saws that have aftermarket pistons and cylinders in them and they haven't blown up yet.

"I have 2 or 3 saws that have aftermarket pistons and cylinders in them and they haven't blown up yet."

Yepper, I noticed that several if not many folks here have aftermarket parts and engines, so I feel comfy about goin' there...plus using OEM parts from a dealer puts a repair into the deep red...

A length of 19mm handle wrap hose, a 3/4 wrap handle for my 046 (the one I purchased on the auction site arrived with a crack at the lower bend so I'm sending it back); and a dual dog kit for my 036. Got to love Madsen's.

Well the 181 got heli-coils for top cover threads and 2 starter screws. A new carb kit, v-stack and green foam air filter and a 3 prong outter dawg. The 2100 got new clutch side crank seal, oiler seal and 8 tooth sprocket. Oh and v-stack and green foam filter too. Got a good vintage anniversary hi top cover for one of my 288's also.

4 of the real high quality air filters for my MS 250. 2 spare plugs for the 250 and 362. Big spender.

Back