What do I do with this one? Sachs Dolmar 100 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shall I use it, or keep it for future generations?

• Yes, use the he'll out of it! Petrol in.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No, keep it for the future villains! No petrol, don't touch.

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Karel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gentlemen
Without further delay, please warm welcome and round of applause please for my latest suckage!
Brand spanking new, straight from "West Germany", "Sachs Dolmar 100 Super" saw.
We won't see that very often ..
I know nothing about its origins, just appeared in local add server, and I hesitated not. She just basically jumped out of the 1990 straight to my arms.
265USD I payed.
Now what?
I mean, What do I do. Do I return it to its original packaging and store it in dark dry conditions for an eternity ?
Do I just fill it with fuel and get her singing? Decisions decisions ..
Just to confirm, looks really new - sniff test, no marks at all, solid resistance to pull.20190411_222348.jpg

I would only hold onto it if you are a serious collector and plan to display and share it. If not, find someone who is and make some money. Holding onto it to make money doesn't make any sense. usually when I come across something of that nature I keep it around for a month or so, fondling it when it catches my eye in my garage and then I sell it to a collector.

I’d be afraid to use it, I’ve got some of those saws that had really low hours like a couple tanks use and the crankshaft needle bearings came out...it’s the only setup I’ve seen like that where u can replace the crank bearing by pulling the cylinder and packing in new needles

It seems to be a clear cut
Mostly we agree, it should remain in its current condition
Little boring though

You’ll probably just end up selling it because having a sweet nos saw gets old fast unless you truly collect. The money will start calling you

Back