What do you do with your wood....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
real nice! love walnut. mantle on my L R fireplace is solid walnut, rounded sides and front corners... oiled in watco med walnut stain. I designed it, had it made over 35 years ago. still true, plum n square, no cups or curls. or cracks or checks... thanks for positing your project. enjoyed seeing it... :)

I do alot of woodworking:
The first is a countertop in the works for a new house being built, the Oak came off her grandmothers farm that I cut back in '09. The Walnut came from my place the same year. There are actually two countertops as it is going on a split level kitchen island, I just don't have a picture of the other one. The other one is Oak/Ash/Walnut/Cherry

The second photo is some cutting boards of Red Oak and Walnut I made for a couple my wife and I are friends with who were holding a fundraiser for their adoption process. I was quite surprised (in a good way) by what they were auctioned for.

The third photo is also a project in the works, made of Pine and Cedar, I made several 'memory boxes' to be given to mothers at the hospital who've lost an infant child. The box will hold memory/keepsake items. Those were hard to build as I have a connectionto the situation, I know what will go in the box and the memories and what that piece I built will not always be surrounded by feelings of joy.

Attachments

• 12714414_10209239958622507_111828108_n.jpg
    12714414_10209239958622507_111828108_n.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Boards.jpg
    Boards.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Box 4.jpg
    Box 4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back