what do you see in this wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's 2 cords, $200 is pretty good. It'd be $100 less than I'd sell it for.

I've hauled a lot of fencerow wood (60-80 cords) in a truck pretty much identical than that and it doesn't hold as much as you would think. The fencerow trees don't grow very straight so there are lots of very large air pockets in that load. I would say there is 1.5-1.75 cords at the most in there. Also had good luck on not hitting wire or metal in those trees I processed because they are only grown like that around here as windbreaks, not to keep animals in. $200 sounds steep to me.

I got about half cut and split yesterday and it was a Good cord stacked, I'm not splitting it with using the owb. There is still I'm guessing about 1 1/4 laying that needs stacked so I'm guessing about 2 1/4 cords. The truck was packed pretty tight without much air. I know some may say it's to much but with a 10 month old and full time job it's pretty convenient to have it laying there ready to cut. Plus I have some left over from last year so this should keep me a year ahead without all the gas and labor.

If there is better than two cords you did good at 200. Around here you can't get log length wood for that delivered. 110/ cord is my low end for 8ftrs. Not sure what the others are seeing, but i don't see a maple stick in the bunch. Anyone selling log length for less than 100/cord delivered might as well stay home. Even if it is fence line wood. As long as its decent hardwood anyway. And the metal stays in the first log usually.

Log lengths brings $28 ton at the wood yard, 2 full cords of mostly oak hardwoods is going to weigh 10-12000 lbs. Most of the folks that take the time to load wood in a dump truck will take it to the wood yard before they will deliver it to someones house, unless it really close or they can get better money.

Looks like some hackberry in there as well..

Yep, I think I saw maple cherry some hickory some hackberry and what is the larger one with the bark coming off? Almost wanted to think sycamore but the wood doesn't look twisty enough.
I suck at picture ID though, mostly colorblind, I really need 3-d to see texture better.

Yep, I think I saw maple cherry some hickory some hackberry and what is the larger one with the bark coming off? Almost wanted to think sycamore but the wood doesn't look twisty enough.
I suck at picture ID though, mostly colorblind, I really need 3-d to see texture better.
The big one with some of the bark off is shagbark hickory....I think.

Latest posts

Back