What do you think about lettering my truck this way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think his truck will be fine after it's painted...........

the difference between those who have shiny brand new trucks with payments and the people who have old shiny trucks is, the ones with the old shiny trucks have more money at the end of the month................HATERS

Ever heard this one: "now lets put some lipstick on this pig"? lol.

Last edited:
I like the truck. Gotta be real bada$$ if it's made it this long! Try to letter the sides of the utility box too, the big doors. Never mind the folks who have nothing for equipment but ropes and hopes. You keep doing what you're doing and upgrade later.:clap: :clap: :cheers:

attachment.php

I think the URL part confuses a lot of old folk. Have the name in large letters, then the URL under it on the door or something, most net savvy people will remember that Dunn Tree's URL is Dunntree.com IMO the WWW is superfluous, most browsers do not need it, same as the http://##!!*!)#

I like the font on the phone, maybe have the name right before the phone so it is all in one size.

As for the punny copy on the truck, I have a buddy Terry Russ, Russ's Tree Service. I run a few estimates for him. One lady had spent a while trying to get a hold of him, but he is not "in the book".

Funny, I've seen it there???

he did work near by and she saw the "Trees Are Russ!" logo and thought that was the name of the company, even though Russ's Tree Service is in big letters on the door.

Last edited:
You know though when you get right down to it there is somebody, somewhere trying to do something with anything. I bet somebody, somewhere, sometime in 2008 tried to grind a stump with an eggbeater.

Eggbeaters don't work that great but you should see what I can do with a Kithen Aid 4 1/2 quart. :givebeer:

Scott

Don't forget changing light bulbs...hanging x-mas lights...cleaning gutters...shearing hedges..

I'm sorry but, is this for real?? Its like the other guy with the fifty footer that he picked up for six grand! I mean if your that desperate wouldn't it make sense to REALLY learn to climb instead?? And before you even say anything, yes I know you cant climb for s#1t! How? because no self respecting climber would be seen with that piece!

"oh my God, look what they've Dunn to that tree!" lol

thats cold

attachment.php

I think the URL part confuses a lot of old folk. Have the name in large letters, then the URL under it on the door or something, most net savvy people will remember that Dunn Tree's URL is Dunntree.com IMO the WWW is superfluous, most browsers do not need it, same as the http://##!!*!)#

I like the font on the phone, maybe have the name right before the phone so it is all in one size.

As for the punny copy on the truck, I have a buddy Terry Russ, Russ's Tree Service. I run a few estimates for him. One lady had spent a while trying to get a hold of him, but he is not "in the book".

Funny, I've seen it there???

he did work near by and she saw the "Trees Are Russ!" logo and thought that was the name of the company, even though Russ's Tree Service is in big letters on the door.

A couple of times a year a customer will write a check out to Masterarbor instead of my company name.

another update.

I think we may go a little bigger on the door later. But for now I will just leave them like this and see how it goes.

I was worried if I went bigger I would have to put it in that bend of the door right below the door handle.

the decal looks good but did you paint it with a spray can?

didn't paint it except in the few spots where the metal was showing.

I just sanded all the rust off.

Thats what I was saying in the first post it looks/looked like they just painted it with house paint before, and the top layers of the paint was rusted somehow but not rusted through to the metal.

Maybe someone on here may know why but I don't

It doesn't look to bad for right now, till I have time to tape it up and prime and paint it.

Since we own our own vinyl cutter it costs me just a few cents to print the logo. So know loss when I need to take it off.

Last edited:
didn't paint it except in the few spots where the metal was showing.

I just sanded all the rust off.

Thats what I was saying in the first post it looks/looked like they just painted it with house paint before, and the top layers of the paint was rusted somehow but not rusted through to the metal.

Maybe someone on here may know why but I don't

It doesn't look to bad for right now, till I have time to tape it up and prime and paint it.

Since we own our own vinyl cutter it costs me just a few cents to print the logo. So know loss when I need to take it off.

My guess the problem with the rust is that when it was painted either
a) the rust wasnt properly busted prior
b) paint wasnt applied right (wrong temp, incorrect thickness or nozzle or gunning distance, incompatable products, incorrect curing times, wrong product etc)
c) you wagon deep down doenst like being white, is trying to bust out.

Im not much of a painter, but have made MANY mistakes.

When I was defending the use of this truck earlier, i was under the impression that the entire truck was going to be getting some body work and a new paint job. With body work and a good paint job, it could look professional.

As it is now, it does not look professional. Not at all. Looks just like some kids spraypainted it with cans in a hurry.

Sorry, TKO-KID, but that's the honest truth. I don't have a problem with the truck itself but, you need to put a lot more elbow grease into that truck before you let the public see it. You have some dings to straighten and fill and you need to buy a professional sprayer and give it a few coats of industrial white paint.

Your door logo is ok but needs to be bigger so it fills the door. As it is though, the nice logo just makes the truck look worse. I'd leave it off until you get the truck fixed up better.

Sorry to rain on your parade but, when I was earlier defending your decision to use this truck, I was under the impression that you were going to put some real work into it. It needs a lot more. Don't get in such a hurry to put it into service. Do the work right.

I had to bump in here. TKo-kid you are preaching that you are all about safety and doing a good job etc. Then I scroll through your website only to find pictures like this one.....learn how to use a chainsaw and how to fall trees before calling yourself a tree service! That stump is the mark of a hack! Everyone has to start somewhere....but you are on route to starting out killing someone taking down trees in this manner!

Last edited:
I had to bumb in here. TKo-kid you are preaching that you are all about safety and doing a good job etc. Then I scroll through your website only to find pictures like this one.....learn how to use a chainsaw and how to fall trees before calling yourself a tree service! That stump is the mark of a hack! Everyone has to start somewhere....but you are on route to starting out killing someone taking down trees in this manner!

That is how I was tought at the service I worked at. Whenever you are close to something you don't want the chance of the tree falling on.

The tree went exactly where I wanted it to on the dime.

So I guess I am a hack because I did it the way I know how and end result no damage.

By the way when we got done with cutting the tree down and loading it up, we cut stump flat to the ground and it was ground out later.

So I guess the 3 -4 hours it was still up looking like that everyone in town saw it and now won't use us.

Get over yourself.

Ignorance will catch up to you. If you are truly committed to being a professional you'd take the time to have a qualified person train you or your employees properly. Until then you are getting by on pure luck, not skill.

Latest posts

Back