What do you use for a hot ass container?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife picked up a Coal bucket from Canada of all places.

The hot ash and coals go out and get dumped immediately, so there is no issue with burning the thing out or it getting tipped over on the deck.
Have had an interesting fire in the yard a time or two but those leaves needed burning anyhow.;)

Be carefull with the Galvanized buckets. The Zinc getting heated up outgasses nasty toxic fumes and simply ain't good for man nor beast.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I use about a 6 gallon metal can with tight fitting lid indoors, then empty into a "regular" size galvanized trash can with lid outside. I only have to empty that one like 2X a year if that and it sits right near the backdoor on the driveway.

I cant help wondering how many hits this page gets on Google for it's name...
And how many wait for the raunchy pics and then say "HUH??!"...

SA

Actually was checking out my wife's container when I first read this. Told her about what I wanted to write in reply, and it earned me a smack in the head.:)

I have one of the galvanized "mini garbage barrels" I bought at my local hardware store. Tight fitting lid, does a great job. I read stories in the paper every year about some brainiac who uses a plastic container to store his ashes in and burns his house down. One guys used a fried chicken bucket.

Latest posts

Back