What does CAD mean?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It means your bank account will never see a substantial amount of money. It means if you are married, you will give your wife some stiff competition for the shopping money. It means that you will make a place on the fireplace mantle to display your recently restored chainsaw. it means...well I think you get the general idea:D:greenchainsaw:

CAD/inflation check

Have to admit,I was pretty excited about picking up a couple loops of chain and a few bars a few months ago from BAileys before the price hike.Im in the "hord everything consumable" mode right now.What with inflation just barely starting to burp,anything related to steel alloy is going to go thru the roof imo.Ive just got 2 saws,an 026 and a 372xp,I plan on sockin away years worth of loops and bars.Any replacement saws that ever come down the pike will fit those 2 for me.
Find some closet/shelf space boys,that alloy is gonna be like poor mans gold.

ak4195

Have to admit,I was pretty excited about picking up a couple loops of chain and a few bars a few months ago from BAileys before the price hike.Im in the "hord everything consumable" mode right now.What with inflation just barely starting to burp,anything related to steel alloy is going to go thru the roof imo.Ive just got 2 saws,an 026 and a 372xp,I plan on sockin away years worth of loops and bars.Any replacement saws that ever come down the pike will fit those 2 for me.
Find some closet/shelf space boys,that alloy is gonna be like poor mans gold.

ak4195

+1 In our area the scrap dealers are paying over 5 times more for scrap steel than they did 18 months ago. Think about what that means for steel prices in the near future, After the **** hits the fan will be too late to get the stuff that you will really need at a reasonable price.

Is Stihl making their chain out of gold and diamonds with glitter all over it? Must be some pretty fancy packaging. :cheers:

LOL try living in the UK then Stihl RSC 18" loop for a MS361 has an rrp of £25.85 that would be $50 near enough!!!!!
I get mine for £15 deliverd from a guy on Ebay

As for scrap, A couple of years ago they wanted £150 to remove a scrap car then it changed to free uplift now they give £100 to take it away!

LOL try living in the UK then Stihl RSC 18" loop for a MS361 has an rrp of £25.85 that would be $50 near enough!!!!!
I get mine for £15 deliverd from a guy on Ebay

As for scrap, A couple of years ago they wanted £150 to remove a scrap car then it changed to free uplift now they give £100 to take it away!

Makes the Woodman's Pro (Carlton) 18" loops of 66 link chisel that I get from Baileys for $9.95 in lots of 10 or more-$8.95 until last month-look even better.

I've seen it used a few times around here. I'm a newbie and was wondering what it meant. I think it has something to do with a collection of chainsaws. Does it stand for something?

CAD is bad, but it can get worse. If untreated it can develop into MAD (Modified Chainsaw Acquisition Disease) and finally manifest its self as BAD (Bikesaw Acquisition Disease).

I'm a BAD man:cry:

CAD is bad, but it can get worse. If untreated it can develop into MAD (Modified Chainsaw Acquisition Disease) and finally manifest its self as BAD (Bikesaw Acquisition Disease).

I'm a BAD man:cry:

You are indeed, but you deserve a positive rep for creativity.

+1 In our area the scrap dealers are paying over 5 times more for scrap steel than they did 18 months ago. Think about what that means for steel prices in the near future, After the **** hits the fan will be too late to get the stuff that you will really need at a reasonable price.

Scrap is going for 200$ a ton for mixed steel. It's so bad we're having to lock up our scrap at work so people don't steal it.

Scrap is going for 200$ a ton for mixed steel. It's so bad we're having to lock up our scrap at work so people don't steal it.

We live in crazy times. I know that a lot of the scrap is going to China and India to keep their steel mills rolling, but nevertheless, historically the first thing that went into the tank when a recession was even thought about was scrap prices. Now we are clearly sliding into what will hopefully "only" be a recession, and not worse, and dealers are treating scrap steel like gold.

Car batterys 9 and 10 dollars,

WHAT?!?!?!? This means that somebody knows something we don't, or that we are at the end of the good life as we know it. Either the speculative futures boys have run it all up like oil, or, we are in a real resource crunch. Batten down the hatches....it's not just crackheads who will rip the gutters off your house........:dizzy: cat converters can be cut off a car in a few seconds by a determined thief.......

What's worse is the associated devices...

CAD isn't usually enough to keep one sorted out...

The victim usually finds that some of their other equipment either sucks, or lacks (or both...) So there's those other one-way roads to go down too. Tools, OPE, shop equipment etc...

I've coped by keeping to mostly rotating my focus: Saw ---> other junk --->saw ---> other junk etc... Luckily the other junk crosses over to saws somewhat. I think they call that 'closure' (?)

I figure it's no fun dying and leaving weak junk for the estate yard-sale, so I gotta roll with it.:dizzy:

It's a sad condition to behold... but there are worse ones.

cad=chainsaws are delightful
cad=chainsaws all day
cad=cuttin all day
cad=cash always drained
cad=count all drivelinks
cad=chainsaw aquisition driven
cad=chainsaws are dandy
cad=cut all deadwood
cad=consuming all dollars

cad=chainsaws are delightful
cad=chainsaws all day
cad=cuttin all day
cad=cash always drained
cad=count all drivelinks
cad=chainsaw aquisition driven
cad=chainsaws are dandy
cad=cut all deadwood
cad=consuming all dollars

LOL Big Guy that was worth some Rep!!!!!

this is funny too!!!

C-Certainly
A- About
D-Divorced:cheers:

Last edited:
I'd rather have this disease than some of the others, one can collect! Besides this is the only disease I can think of that gets me out of bed every day.

I've seen it used a few times around here. I'm a newbie and was wondering what it meant. I think it has something to do with a collection of chainsaws. Does it stand for something?

Hopefully all the other posts answered your question. When i 1st joined this site, i had 1 saw that i gotten from my father. A Jonsered 52e. Now for some reason i have a stihl 011, husky 137, 51, 371xp . And a old clinton d-65 super that found its way home from a auction that i have to even touch for a year now

Back