What else do you guys like?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sty57

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I don't know about all of you, but I have always liked old hand tools. There is just something about looking at a old tool and wondering what has this done in its life. Growing up on a farm we always had stuff under work benches and on junk piles out in the woods.

One thing I found years ago on a pile was a log stamp that would of been my grandpas. After I bought my house and was cleaning out the shed I found another one that must of been his at one time.
9a3b010444c8c37377225a7a88bdc257.jpg

MMA, muscle cars, vintage cars from the '20s through the '60s...
I have always been into cars myself. I have a 57 Belair that has been on the back burner for a long time. Something about getting married and having a kid changes the priorities a little. But my little girl will be out of school soon so then I can get back to that project. [emoji4]

Guns. I'm a retired military firearms instructor and small arms repairman, and a current Utah and NRA certified instructor. I'm also an FFL. I dig guns, and have lots of them. I also like the outdoors in general- hunting, camping, fishing, atv's, etc...

Used to be into guns. Now ammo is too expensive.

Used to be into riding my quad. Had kids - no more time for that.

Used to be into construction and remodeling. No more time for that haha.

Had a 71 Chevelle. Halfway through the rebuild, had to sell it to afford an engagement ring.

Had a beautiful '01 TJ on 35's. Had to sell that to afford a wedding haha.

No time to work on the '97 Z71 any more, so it's rotting in the driveway.

Toppa the mornin, gents! Haha

Used to be into guns. Now ammo is too expensive.

Used to be into riding my quad. Had kids - no more time for that.

Used to be into construction and remodeling. No more time for that haha.

Had a 71 Chevelle. Halfway through the rebuild, had to sell it to afford an engagement ring.

Had a beautiful '01 TJ on 35's. Had to sell that to afford a wedding haha.

No time to work on the '97 Z71 any more, so it's rotting in the driveway.

Toppa the mornin, gents! Haha

That reminds me of something a older guy I worked with told me.
"One pubic hair is stronger than a team of horses " and boy didn't that turn out to be true. ;)

Mechanical things. Vintage farm machinery - tractors, hit-n-miss engines. throttle-governed engines, tools, etc... Vintage motorcycles, cars boats saws guns... Things that you could work on without it falling to pieces on you. Old household things, furniture, even old kitchen stuff.
Stuff that, like was said, was built with a purpose and for me, built by people that took pride and a sense of ownership in what they made. That what they made, what they crafted, was a statement of who they were and how they conducted themselves in life. A code of craftsmanship and accountability that for the most part has been long since abandoned and forgotten.
I've worked in the building trades off and on for over 30 years and jeez just look at the difference in quality between a house built by returning WWII Veterans and the literal crap houses that are being shat out today.
Wife is a semi-retired Chef, same thing in her trade. The tools and equipment that they use the difference in quality in design and craftsmanship between 75 years ago and today are night and day. It's all throw-away junk today.
Heck, beer fridge in the garage is an old Kelvinator made by American Motors and it runs at 30 degrees day in and day out for how many years? Yet we can't keep a fridge in the kitchen for more than 5 today. When one of her old Garland 6 burner stoves weighs double what a new 10 burner weighs, it just make you shake your head...
Sorry for the rant. I like old mechanical stuff, lol

I love hunting, birds, big game, coyotes. Addicted to my guns, love to reload and work up new loads for my .300 win. Also love to be a daddy to my 2 little girls. I pretty much spend all my time not working with my little girls. They love guns and hunting like me!

And honestly I love my job. I love drilling and blasting rock. I love the feeling I get when I drive down a road I shot, or by a building I shot the basement for. It's something I take pride in

Latest posts

Back