what ever came from the guy with the frozen owb lines?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tube solution

I never saw an outcome to what he did?Anyone remember the thread?

Remember the solution someone had? A small pump in a bucket of warm water, insert a small tube into the frozen one etc. I thought that was great...I'm keeping that in my mental toolbox just in case.

Yes I remember that

It sounded messy, but no reason it would not work.
A feller could have cut a line on the outside and pushed a length of 1/4 inch icemaker line in until he reached the frozen area. Then sent the hot water in to start eating it away.

One thing if you have steel pipes, it put your welder on low and clamp it on. It will thaw them in no time.
I had a hose bib freeze last winter on the outside of the house, hardly ever happens here. I was amazed at how fast it thawed when I just hauled it out and took a whizz on it. Then I just let it run at a dribble, didn't have anymore problems.

what is the rate?

One thing if you have steel pipes, it put your welder on low and clamp it on. It will thaw them in no time.
I had a hose bib freeze last winter on the outside of the house, hardly ever happens here. I was amazed at how fast it thawed when I just hauled it out and took a whizz on it. Then I just let it run at a dribble, didn't have anymore problems.

of the intake of beer required to stand there and let it run a dribble after the whizzing is done?
I am not a beer drinker, so If it did not stay thawed after the initial whizz I am done til warm weather. LOL

Back