What grinder to buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nabes

Reaction score
I need help in choosing an electric bench grinder. I am newer to wood cutting, but would like to sharpen my chains and a couple friends chains. I would like it to be easy to use. Are there videos out there with proper sharpening techniques? I have looked at Efco,Maxx, Oregon, and Tecomec. It is confusing and would like some help. Thanks much

I just got my new Oregon 511AX yesterday. Sharpened 10 chains today. Love it. Easier to use than the 511A.
Recommend you do a search of the site and read some of the comments posted. There is a lot of information that can help you make your decision.

I need help in choosing an electric bench grinder. I am newer to wood cutting, but would like to sharpen my chains and a couple friends chains. I would like it to be easy to use. Are there videos out there with proper sharpening techniques? I have looked at Efco,Maxx, Oregon, and Tecomec. It is confusing and would like some help. Thanks much

Nabes,

Lot of information and opinions on this topic if you use the 'Search' function.

For example, check out this thread that's just a few weeks old:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=89706

Philbert

I just got my new Oregon 511AX yesterday. Sharpened 10 chains today. Love it. Easier to use than the 511A.
Recommend you do a search of the site and read some of the comments posted. There is a lot of information that can help you make your decision.

+1 never used the ax model but if its better than the a model its a great grinder!

the northern grinder--with the two shim mods--makes it a very good grinder. just keep a calipers handy so you get the cutters the same length-works great for 100 smacks--

Back