what grinds your gears guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy it because I live ~4000 miles away from my folks, brother and sister. They go on there and put photos of my nephews and what not. Also have several friends from the military I keep up with on there.

But yeah, lots of "I just ate and then pooped, washed me hands, oh that was fun" posts. Oh "woe is me" about something no one gives a darn about.

I have a facetube account but have not logged in for maybe 4 years? Biggest waste of time i have ever known! I spend enough time as it is on computers, why would i want to check my phone every 5 minutes to find out what someone who i don't know, but is a friend of a friend of a friend, just bought, in a supermarket in a town i have never been to? :dizzy:

Seriously is your life so boring that you have to pretend that you like this crap? I would rather invest in real relationships not ones over a stupid social networking site! :cheers:

The worst are people at the grocery store that don't put there carts back in the return. This just happened recently, an entire family (mom, dad, and 2 kids) came out of Wal-Mart with a cart full of groceries unloaded them and shoved the cart in an empty parking place next to my wife's brand new Jeep while we were unloading. If I had not been there it would have hit the back door. I said thanks and while mumbling a few expletives I pushed the cart back to the return.

Second worst is stopping at a gas station to get fuel in my diesel truck, 2 pumps have diesel and both of them are occupied by gassers and there are at least 3 or 4 gas only pumps that are open. This seems to happen every single time I fuel up.

The worst are people at the grocery store that don't put there carts back in the return. This just happened recently, an entire family (mom, dad, and 2 kids) came out of Wal-Mart with a cart full of groceries unloaded them and shoved the cart in an empty parking place next to my wife's brand new Jeep while we were unloading. If I had not been there it would have hit the back door. I said thanks and while mumbling a few expletives I pushed the cart back to the return.

Second worst is stopping at a gas station to get fuel in my diesel truck, 2 pumps have diesel and both of them are occupied by gassers and there are at least 3 or 4 gas only pumps that are open. This seems to happen every single time I fuel up.

Ok, I'll certainly go along with the shopping cart story, because you are completely right, but I'm sorry, I can't go with the fuel pump story. Why would I (a gasser) look for another pump in the off chance a diesel comes along? I'm a fuel customer too - and there are many more of us "gassers" at a typical retail fuel outlet. Maybe I should be annoyed at the diesels for a number of other issues.

I usually kick my cart off to the side unless the corral isn't too far away. Walmart is bad here. Darn near an 80 acre parking lot and like 4 corrals.

I have a facetube account but have not logged in for maybe 4 years? Biggest waste of time i have ever known! I spend enough time as it is on computers, why would i want to check my phone every 5 minutes to find out what someone who i don't know, but is a friend of a friend of a friend, just bought, in a supermarket in a town i have never been to? :dizzy:

Seriously is your life so boring that you have to pretend that you like this crap? I would rather invest in real relationships not ones over a stupid social networking site! :cheers:
I hear ya my wife has one...my new this, my new that....a friend of hers is building a huge house and naturally they are posting every nail they drive....put a picture up of the monthly mortgage you have to work 80 hrs a week to afford....

Non adjustable carbs, bleeding heart liberals, stupid questions, CNN news, people buying soda and snack cakes with their food stamps, idiots, people who riot because someone tried to kill and cop and ended up lying in a pool of their own blood, people who draw a disability check yet run cattle and cut/ split firewood, government mandates like the current health insurance bullish*t.

I could go on forever

Modded diesel trucks that drive like idiots, are excessively loud and make smoke on purpose because they can. Most people don't apply.
Got that part but was having trouble with the mirror thing. Didn't understand the exhaust comment at first. I'm just alittle touchy about diesel trucks. Individuals like the ones you mention cause the backlash. I don't want to see my trucks smoke ever. Clean power. Several thousand dollars of the cost of diesel equipment is for exhaust treatment.This makes them the cleanest in the world. I believe I read the cost for $55,000 skidloader is something like $8000. So diesel equipment owners are paying alot of money to take care of the environment. Smoke BAD. Trees GOOD

I have a diesel a cummins infact, and I despise the coal rollers myself...bout like a civic you can own one without the fart muffler..ive seen it done..

perhaps out of courtesy or concideration?

Many of the stations I frequent have only one pump for diesel with 3 or four islands with 2 pumps on each island. 16 gas nozzles and 2 diesel. I often have a 31 foot trailer behind my truck. I always try to pull up to the diesel pump in such a way that I am not blocking access to the other (gas) pump on the island with my trailer. To do this I often have to make a lap around the station and approach from a different direction if it is a station I am not familiar with. Often while I am trying to approach from a different direction to avoid blocking a pump a small car darts in front of me to the combined gas/diesel pump, they pump 8 gallons of gas then they walk inside to get thier cappacino and smokes and pay for thier fuel and come out 20 minutes later. They have 15 other empty gas nozzles to use but they chose to use the only diesel pump I can get to.
I would like to think that they just do it without thinking and every once in a while they appoligize when they realize what they did. On the other hand I suppose when given the chance some people just like to be ass holes.
I suppose Randy has it right, people are the problem.
Yep. Courtesy and consideration has gone the way of the dinosaur. It's a shame. For a while, I thought it was just the younger folks, but it's not. It's pretty much everyone these days. Most folks can't see past the nose on their own faces.

Try this some time. Just go out and watch people. Most of them have no clue that other people are actually sharing the earth with them. On the off chance that one of them notices you one day, smile at them and ask them how they're doing. Half of the time they'll look at you like you're from Mars.

Latest posts

Back