What happen to Washington Hot Saws??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motosierra

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I haven't checked in for a while and now that I did ....I can not find anything on the continuing saga of Dean? What did I miss?...What happen?

Dean checked in a short time ago. He is in the process of restructuring his business and will be back on the scene later this year if I remember correctly.

This was the post:

Hey guys, I am alive and kicking and the shop is still up and going. We pulled ALL adverrtising for the summer. As noted I am working a full time job building a cabin for a friend of mine and working in the shop nights and weekends. Right now we are trying to clear the shop out and get completely caught up and reorganizing the shop. As soon as that is accomplished we will be firing up under a new name. we still are taking a few orders in when people call us but am not actively advertising for any work.

The reason for this is that I got in over my head building a few race saws when I should have stuck to woods mods. Int he future our shop will ONLY build woods ports. Any race saws will be for us only. Look for things to be better and more organized in the future. This company started out as something completely different and has ended up where it is at but with out a clear plan from the beginning ans so we need to start it at the beginning again with a clear plan.

To adress boost ports and finger ports. Boost ports actually are better for longevity but only work at lower elevations and are not good for any one above 3500 feet. Finger ports work good if they are narrow and deep. Wide finger ports do tend to hurt ring life over time.

Thank you HIRED GUN.

I was looking for "kickitatsacket" and it is "klickitatsacket"...no wonder I couldn't find 'hide nor hair of him'. Thank you for the information.

Last edited:
When I talked to Dean at Sequim back in May he mentioned how far behind he'd gotten because of business being so good, and his other job, and just how plain swamped he was. I think it says alot about a guy who knows to slow down and not leave customers hanging or waiting for months and months. I think Dean's a pretty quality guy.

When I talked to Dean at Sequim back in May he mentioned how far behind he'd gotten because of business being so good, and his other job, and just how plain swamped he was. I think it says alot about a guy who knows to slow down and not leave customers hanging or waiting for months and months. I think Dean's a pretty quality guy.

+1, Dean's a really good guy and I owe him a couple of beers and dinner! :)

Yup...well said. And where have you been lately?

Yup...well said. And where have you been lately?

Here-

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice Pike Jeff. At least someone has gotten a chance to do some fishing this summer. Did you get a chance to measure or weight it?
Take care,
Brad

Wps??????

Hey Jeff great pics,,,, the one with the whip action on the flyrod is way cool,,:rock: :rock: and the fish looks pretty good too,,, been working on my boat trailer, wheel bearing maint. ect..... getting it ready as well been wondering where ya been,,,, I'll be on the River and lakes myself this summer so I wont be posting as much either

That Dean is a great person and good family man,,,, it is good to see that he has the presence of mind to regroup and assess his priorities,,,, and When I did my PNW tour thread had the pleasure of working with him in his shop for several days on my 044/460 OEM big bore Modded saw and meeting his family from his dad and mom to his youngest child and loving wife Angie,,,, I will say this,,, If he builds a saw for you it will be worth every penny you invest,,,, and it wont leave his shop until it is right,,,, Its kind a funny when we built the woodported 044 BB he told me it would be my favorite saw and I really am fond my 066 hot rod that I built,,,, Well since Ive been home I took my 36 inch bar off of the 066 and put it on the 044 with full skip and an 8 pin sprocket and it is freaking awesome,,,,,, and the 066 is setting on the shelf?????? I was flush cutting some humongus stumps yesterday with baby bro and the 044 smoked his stock ms650 so bad it was'nt funny,,, I wont use it for that any more,,,,stumpin is too dirty ands hard on your equipment (actually it was really funny for me and NOT for Jody LOL) :buttkick:

Dean If your out there checkin in,,,,good luck in your new endeavors,,,, I'll be coming back in the fall with a care package for ya,,,,& your gonna love it,,,,,,:clap: :clap: :clap:

R2'ed

Last edited:
Cool that must have been around 10 lbs. I speared quite a few pike last winter: one was 13 lbs and I got about four in the 8-9lb range.

Jeff, you have an official welcome to come fly fishing down here. We have some of the best in the world, although, I don't know how you would top that fish. Awesome. I know some good guides and a free fishing trip that John might share with you!

Back