What Happened To PowerHorse?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There were a couple of Northern Tool catalogs that boldy displayed the latest offering in chainsaws - the mighty PowerHorse. They showed up for a while on Flea-Bay and on other shopping search engines. Now, however, they seem to have disappeared. What happened? Safety recall, perhaps, to the factory in Beijing?

Darn! Just when my $125 was burning a whole in my pocket, too...

JQ

Ah yes, the infamous "Power Horse." (you knew I would respond to this one)

The "Power Horse," the "Saw of saws," seems to have gracefully receded into OPE history, ever bearing the notoriety it so richly deserves.....

Yes, I too have sadly missed the opportunity to own one of these fine machines, which so boldly took technology and pro performance to a new low, er, uh, I mean, level.

It appears we'll have to settle for the neuter version of this classic, the "ShenYang Mule...."
(Available at Harbor Freight and other fine establishments)

I think they just do a run of those saws and thats it, I'd say it would be impossible to get parts for them. The Chinese scooters and motorcycles are like that, you can buy all of them you want but you can forget getting parts for them...

I need a starter motor for a chicom scooter... I'm sure many use the same one, but there's no frigg'in cross reference!

I need a starter motor for a chicom scooter... I'm sure many use the same one, but there's no frigg'in cross reference!

I've got a cheapskate friend who bought his kid one of those Chinese bikes, even though I told him he was just asking for problems. He's been waiting over 6 months for a throttle cable for it.

There were a couple of Northern Tool catalogs that boldy displayed the latest offering in chainsaws - the mighty PowerHorse. They showed up for a while on Flea-Bay and on other shopping search engines. Now, however, they seem to have disappeared. What happened? Safety recall, perhaps, to the factory in Beijing?

Darn! Just when my $125 was burning a whole in my pocket, too...

JQ

E-Lux bought them all and is sending them to a southern state for a repaint and new stickers. Then they will be reintroduced as the 358XXX LT Special Wild Night PartMccullRedVentVarna Extreme. They will be available only through the largest authorized dealer in the country.

I think they decided to pull the pistons and cylinders off and market them as Husky replacement parts........

They've recalled them all to turn them back into mini-motos in time for Christmas, to unleash a plage of the things upon us. :censored:

We have a 4-wheeler that is a Chinese knock off(bought used) from a Honda. If I need parts, I just go by the Honda part number for the same bike. It has worked in the past. Maybe there is a "real" scooter it is copied from that you could get parts for??

Latest posts

Back