What happened to this 365sp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northerner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Tell me what you think, lean? Overheat? Straight gas? Intake side is good.
I have a pretty good idea but will save it for later.
761fe7b0e958483d5020187ae92a0a3b.jpg

d6ab640f8ca69594ef7cf5542ec1fd8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what all that crap ia around the plug hole and combustion chamber. Nickel anti seize??;There is a ton of it. If that's the case that would of started issues on the exhaust side.

Well here’s the deal. Typical homeowner, “needs a tune up or spark plug”.
Saw had low comp, did leak/vac test before taking apart. Had very small leakage, and that I narrowed down to decomp button.

Took it apart and saw the damage. Checked back with owner and asked if saw had been straight gassed ever. Umm, yes once about a year ago. So they ran it till it was done.
Plus I still found the inside very dry, so iam gonna see what kinda mix he’s running. One more thing, piece of the case is knocked out that surrounds flywheel, about half the air goes out there instead of over the engine.

So I think it was a combo of things, damaged with straight gas, over heat, possible a bad mix yet too.

The ring was also noticeable thinner on the exhaust/damaged side. But I assume that happened after the damage was done.

Straight gas usually scores all the way around the piston. Looks like it was run lean. Could have been tuned too lean or possibly a bad fuel line or fuel filter. Or stiff diaphragms in the carburetor

Latest posts

Back