What Husky saw is that?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozadrian

Reaction score
I'm sorry if it's 'duh'ingly obvious, but I'm kind of hoping some seasoned campaigner will look at it, snap their fingers and know quicker than I can trawl the interweb

Anyway, I inherited whats left of this Husqvarna saw and can't easily tell what the model is. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance!

266/268...but the muffler hole has me stumped....mod?...dont remember them looking like that....

Here's a pic from the filter side...

attachment.php

If you check eBay for a muffler for that family of saws, that's the most common aftermarket design you will find. I don't know that I've ever seen one stock. Surely somebody more knowledgeable than myself will fill in the gaps.

EDIT: whoah whoah whoah -- ignition module under air filter? Is this a 281/288?

Pull the muffler & read the numbers off the jug. If it's a Mahle, there's a thread here that lists (incomplete) which Mahle cylinders fit which Husqvarna & Jonsered saws.

You could also take down some part numbers, and try to match them up to the IPLs for the models that others have mentioned.

I've seen the ignition module under the AF on a Jonsered, but I can't recall which model.

His clutch has 1 spring going all the way around...281/288's had 3 didnt they?

they do look similer though...so its still anyones guess...:msp_smile:

Uff. And the carb just smells 268. This is a stumper for sure!

266/268 clutch
266/268 guide plate
266/268 throttle wire

The handle bar APPEARS to be a little lighter than I remember 281/288's being...

I will stick with my original guess...;)

until the OP comes and tells us we were all wrong...:laugh:

2-piece ignition

It does appear to have the 2-piecc ignition set up. This leads me to believe it is 162/61/ or 266/8 .
The best way to determine other is to pull muffler and check bore dia.

Latest posts

Back