what i did on saturday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
me and my buddy split a bunch of wood. heres some pics. the first is all pine we did the back row yesterday. the stack to the side i did earlier this year. its about 6ft tall 4ft wide 8ft long.

the 2nd is 98% oak and the rest some other hardwoods i dunno what they are. we did maybe a 1/4 of this stack yesterday aswell. the rest i did myself earlier in the year. this pile is 16 ft long 4ft wide 6ft tall.

i still got tons more wood to split and i cleared out more area to stack more. im trying to keep em to the parimeter of the yard so it dosent eat up my lawn.

the last one is from last summer. its all oak and 4ft tall 16 ft long 4ft high.

Last edited:
How are you burning it?

I mean- Are you burning the pine in a stove?
can you? should you?
I always thought the pine in a fireplace, stove, insert, boiler ;was a no-no.
Is it?:confused:
-br

I mean- Are you burning the pine in a stove?
can you? should you?
I always thought the pine in a fireplace, stove, insert, boiler ;was a no-no.
Is it?:confused:
-br

Bolton,

The guys out west pretty much burn nothing but "Pine".

Cut it,split it,stack it, season it a year, and burn it.

Pine gets a bad name from folks burning it wet and green.

It burns fast, and without a lot of heat, so it ain't the greatest come January, but does fine in spring and fall.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nice

Good job neighbor....looks like you had a productive weekend. I learned my lesson last Summer cutting in 90 degree weather....Screw that! I plan to have all my 2009-10 wood done by Mid June and get a jump on 2010-11 in September...this year the saws will be quiet in July-August.:chainsaw:

pine is ok ill take it free if i can get it. only reason i have so much is its part of the deal in a job ive been doing. but pine is ok as long as its properly seasoned.

scooter, i cut all year, ive cut quite a bit in every month. i cut all through the winter this year aswell. ill cut in july and august also. i get the wood when the gettins good. people dont wanna saw when ita 100 degrees. thats when i come in and snatch up the wood. yeah it sucks but ive never been afraid to work my ass off lol.

Husky455, you sound just like me!When ever folks come over to visit, I eventually con the guys to come on out to the shop, and you can always hear my wife tell the other wives,"Im sure he will get around to showing off the woodpile behind the shop as well"
Maybe not right now, my wood area is a mess after the winter,but come June and every day on, I like to show off the piles and piles of wood!

Great pics!

A couple more pine questions.

Bolton,

The guys out west pretty much burn nothing but "Pine".

Cut it,split it,stack it, season it a year, and burn it.

Pine gets a bad name from folks burning it wet and green.

It burns fast, and without a lot of heat, so it ain't the greatest come January, but does fine in spring and fall.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Never knew that.
I was thinking more of the chimney and creosote.
Is the creosote less when it's seasoned a year?
Will it be even less if the pine is split into smaller pieces?

-br

Husky455, you sound just like me!When ever folks come over to visit, I eventually con the guys to come on out to the shop, and you can always hear my wife tell the other wives,"Im sure he will get around to showing off the woodpile behind the shop as well"
Maybe not right now, my wood area is a mess after the winter,but come June and every day on, I like to show off the piles and piles of wood!

Great pics!

funny story, my cuttin partner was over last summer. ive known him for a few years now. we used to work together and i never met his girlfriend. so he was over the house and she came down a bit later. the first thing i did when i met her was show her my wood pile. i was like look at that its friggin awesome lol. she just politly smiles and nodded and said yeah its nice. lmao

Latest posts

Back