What I did Yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokechaser

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I like my job. Half a mile from two different housing developments. These underburns are for hazard reduction and to reduce competion for water to stimulate health in the big "yellow belly" pines.
113 acres total.

It is dry over here. We normally would not have attempted this burn until later in the year but this season being what it is, we are gonna go for our underburn units early since we'll probably be in full blown fire season by May, at the rate we're going now. Could be a hot one.

wow did not know they bernt this early i havent even been to cabin in camp sherman yet i need to cut snow dammage but i dont know how mutch there will be this year

more pics of burning trees

More burning trees. This unit is 137 acres and directly south of three private residences. It snowed 3 inches on the unit the day after ignition. It looks sweet.

That's funny, just before I read MB's post I did the same thing and saved the last pic to my desktop as well. Great minds think alike heh! Cool pics!!

I worked ten seasons as a wildland firefighter. I miss burning. :cry: Fire is fun. I decided to be an at home dad instead of a fire gypsy, oh well. Post more picts I'm going through withdrawal symptoms--now where is that bag of doritos?

Yeah it will reduce lung capacity after years of abuse. We have pretty complete physical now that checks capacity and rechecks in a couple of years. Most try to stay out of the thick smoke, but you allways get more than you would like.

Back