What Is Comparative Value Of Green vs. Seasoned Wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like a fella with some land could by a ton of green wood, let it sit for a year, and make a nice profit without ever starting a chainsaw.

Not quite Hinerman. Wish it were easy as that. However, firewood's intrinsic value is really the sum of all the labor costs that are invested while processing firewood. Standing trees have a bottom dollar value and maybe slightly higher if they are dead, but not rotting. As soon as the trees are dropped or however they end up on the ground, the wood is worth more. Limb the tree, worth more. Buck it into firewood chunks, even more. Haul it and unload, now more. Split it, even more. See the pattern? The further along the line one goes to process the wood, do the advancing steps, then the wood increases in value.

Ultimately when the wood arrives and is dumped or stack at the client's house, only then it represents it's highest value.

StihlRockin'

If your rank equals one third of a cord over 40 gallons of water would need to be removed to get green ash to 20 percent moisture.

Not Ash I have measured it to many times I only do Ash the trash wood I pile it up in a pile oak,gum,You name it my gravel yard $35.00 a rank you load you pay cash. My Ash customers I take care of them that's where I make a good living.

Latest posts

Back