What is high hours?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveroftrees

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to buy a used bandit 150, it has the john deer 4045 d engine. This thing starts runs very smooth doesn't smoke like some diesels. All greaseable bearing have a good amount of grease around them. It doesn't have a winch and has the speed sensor. It does have 4000 hours. What kind of hours will this engine do if well maintaned? thanks for your help...

Buddy has a 4045T @ +-100HP running a manure pump on his dairy. Last I saw the clock was over 10,000 hours. It's had water pump, injectors and a turbo replaced, probably valves reset, but never been opened up. Still doesn't use any appreciable oil between changes (150hrs).

They're pretty dependable little motors, and easy on fuel.

Gawd, I hope Jeff doesn't see this, me saying nice things about green machinery :D

Properly maintained diesels can easily go over 10000 hours with just regular maintenance. Usually you can tell the condition of the engine by examining the rest of the machine.

Buddy has a 4045T @ +-100HP running a manure pump on his dairy. Last I saw the clock was over 10,000 hours. It's had water pump, injectors and a turbo replaced, probably valves reset, but never been opened up. Still doesn't use any appreciable oil between changes (150hrs).

They're pretty dependable little motors, and easy on fuel.

Gawd, I hope Jeff doesn't see this, me saying nice things about green machinery :D

I see that. Feeling OK?

Depends a lot on the motor and its upkeep, but thats a given with everything. Some cost more to maintain than others. Cummins seems the bigger they are, the more attention they need. Cats are expensive because they are Cats, but they hold up well. Deere makes a good motor, and parts and supplies are easy to get. Everyone misses on a platform every so often, but these things change very quickly now.

Latest posts

Back