What is on your Covid-19 stimulus money check list?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will take all mine to get caught back up after working reduced hours the last several weeks.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Ditto

up here you only get money if you were laid off due to the virus. They give 2000$ a month, and they tax it!!!
That barely pays the bills...

$1200 LOL almost 70 YO and still working 7 days a week mainly for the tax man and socializum....
I own my property outright...still property taxes over $500/month. + water + electricity + comcast. Trying to sell and move much farther away from Boston. I'm still the 2nd cheapest property tax on the whole road, 3 miles long..

Typical loaf of bread here $2.50 or more.
Don’t matter where you go you still get the crankshaft.

$1200 LOL almost 70 YO and still working 7 days a week mainly for the tax man and socializum....
I own my property outright...still property taxes over $500/month. + water + electricity + comcast. Trying to sell and move much farther away from Boston. I'm still the 2nd cheapest property tax on the whole road, 3 miles long..

500$ a month in taxes. Wow.
Hope you Home Is north of 1million.

I pay 450$ a year. Granted my home in 300k$ and remote with no services.

But my parents Home is worth 1million. They still only paid a little over 300 a month.

Beantown (MA) never lost its English roots which is to tax the living hell out of a person. My uncle lived in Salem Depit, NH for 60 years and commuted to Boston everyday for a reason.

Actually, the states will collect the money for real estate taxes. So, the Feds will feed the money right back into the state treasuries. The traxpayers will probably see very little of it.

How do you mean? Many of us have already received it via direct deposit. Mine arrived yesterday.

You get the stimulus check whether you're working or not.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Umm ... not everyone. My work is considered essential and I am fully employed - and feeling lucky to be so. Have been to work every day since January. However, no stimulus money coming to my household - $0.

BTW, my property taxes here in SW Washington State are $420/mo.

I’m in Vancouver. I’m working roughly half my usual amount; wife is full time from home anyway, but they all took a precautionary pay cut when this started. I’m not sure we qualify for anything, but we don’t really need it. I’m not really excited about these political crooks paying me an advance on my grandchildren’s incomes and causing some good old fashioned hyper-inflation in the process in a completely transparent attempt at vote buying one upmanship between the republicans and democrats.

I’m in Vancouver. I’m working roughly half my usual amount; wife is full time from home anyway, but they all took a precautionary pay cut when this started. I’m not sure we qualify for anything, but we don’t really need it. I’m not really excited about these political crooks paying me an advance on my grandchildren’s incomes and causing some good old fashioned hyper-inflation in the process in a completely transparent attempt at vote buying one upmanship between the republicans and democrats.
I wish I could "like" this more than once.

Exactly.

Thankfully this mess hasn't affected me a ton working from home saving money not having to drive into work and gaining 2 hours a day to catch up around the farm.
Saw buying: parts to fix saws I have that are sitting. Clutches, bolts, oil pumps, odd seals etc. I've been selling saws too. The extra money just opens it up a bit.
Truck: Batteries, injector nozzles , exhaust doughnuts, manifold bolts, air filter, other misc. Trying to shop local where I can. Mostly kills the check
Remainder goes to the student loans.

Latest posts

Back