What is on your Covid-19 stimulus money check list?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT doubled in price when you can get it.

I haven’t put a dent in my 90 rolls of toilet paper yet? I bought some when this first started. I didn’t know the wife was buying it too. The kids will need it. They say virus I figure a case of the bad ***** if it’s worse than any other flu?

From being retired?

Yup I had corporate benefits. My 401 k, s/s, pension. I love America. Then the misses makes good money too. I banked half my pay in my 401k for 18 years. When I was laid off in 83, 84, 85 I didn’t get full time work till nov 86. We lived on 10k each year. The local supermarket had marked down meats on Wednesday’s. Affordable good meats plus a big garden I had enough money left to pay the bills. The time I had no income my 2100 was smoking wood chips, firewood. I wasn’t rich but it taught me how to still live good and save $$ when I got the corporate engineering job in 86.
Two years ago I cut my 401 k in half and locked it in at 3% for three years, safe mode. Glad I did with problems going on today. I’m going to reinvest it again. I didn’t start saving money till I was 35 yo. I’m not rich but I can pay the oil man when he comes.

We certainly can't compete with Huskybill and his wife on income but are comfortable. The stimulus checks arrived today. As we don't need it for bills we have decided to donate to a series of charities. Hopefully some good will come from it.
Yep. There are plenty of people in need right now and this isn’t going to end anytime soon. Kudos to you and I wish you and your family well in the new world.

My financial standing in the world has really improved with the pandemic. I went from paycheck to paycheck to being able to save and purchase things I needed but dreamed about because of being able to work remotely and the 10 hours a week and 30k miles in wear and tear on a vehicle I got back that before were essentially wasted. Turned that time into even more cash by doing side work. I feel guilty as this pandemic has not been kind to so many.
Hope it turns around for those who need it the most.

After what happened today, my stimulus, plus a lot more, will go for a new drain field for the septic system.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Well that's pretty sh!tty. We spent the last one on a new couch, MADE IN THE USA!!! The next one will more than likely go into the bank, and like others, not be spent on crap that we would not have already planned to buy.

With the next round of stimulus checks seemingly imminent (within a month) and that a new ms500i is costing about the same, could this be more then a mere coincident. Meant to be... destined... a message from above...? Might be bad karma NOT to pick up a new ms500i... :happybanana:
Being retired, we have used our previous stimulus checks to help out family that has greater needs than we do. IF we get another check, I think I'll go with MontanaResident's plan! I don't NEED a new saw, but I would like to find out if cutting firewood for the family is more fun with the 500i than it is with a 462!

Back