What is our industry to you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
Our industry seems to be lumped in with logging, landscaping & lawn care. I get a kick out of seeing these adds anymore. Some say specializing; in carpentry,bricklaying,concrete,land clearing,lawn maintenance, landscaping,computer repair,body work,debris removal,and yeah we do tree work too. Maybe not all I wrote in apply but you get my drift, either they're mighty big companies (unlikely) or desperate.

Our industry seems to be lumped in with logging, landscaping & lawn care. I get a kick out of seeing these adds anymore. Some say specializing; in carpentry,bricklaying,concrete,land clearing,lawn maintenance, landscaping,computer repair,body work,debris removal,and yeah we do tree work too. Maybe not all I wrote in apply but you get my drift, either they're mighty big companies (unlikely) or desperate.

Unfortunately true. Too many part time hacks in this business. Now are all hacks part time .. NO.. but likely most part timers are hacks (not all though for sure but around hereat least many are). Reality is, if they were not hacks then they may be full time. On other hand.. if there were not so many lowballers (hacks or otherwise), then maybe there would be enough money for us all!!

Some say specializing; in carpentry,bricklaying,concrete,land clearing,lawn maintenance, landscaping,computer repair,body work,debris removal,and yeah we do tree work too.

LOL!! But more truth than meets the eye..

or desperate.

Hit the nail on the head.. :confused:

Last edited:
Unfortunately true. Too many part time hacks in this business. Now are all hacks part time .. NO.. but likely most part timers are hacks (not all though for sure but around hereat least many are). Reality is, if they were not hacks then they may be full time. On other hand.. if there were not so many lowballers (hacks or otherwise), then maybe there would be enough money for us all!!

LOL!! But more truth than meets the eye..

Hit the nail on the head.. :confused:

Problem is they can get us desperate too. I am gonna start advertising cheap tooth removals like 25 bucks no waiting in line bring a bottle of rum for your pain lol also tree removal.

Rope your right on the money. We don't do any removals, one we are not insured, two, we don't climb. But in this area you see so many hacks that you know aren't insured, give lowball quotes and generally make a mess out of everything. They profess to be a jack of all trades, lawn care, debris removal, scrappers, handymen,etc. It's hard for the legitimate companies to compete. We've had people approach us when delivering wood to do removals or trimming, I just refer them to the two reputable companies in my area. I'm sure this is impacting a bunch of legitimate operators who spend the money on insurance, liscense, professional equipment, trucks, saws, chippers etc. a bunch of overhead that has to compete with Jose that isn't even a citizen, owns a ladder and a couple of wood sharks. The only removals we will touch are out in a farms field or barn lot where we can just drop the tree without any worry of touching anything and then we do it for the wood only.
The hacks give your industry a tough reputation as it is, your in a tough business.

Back