What is pine going for these days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeDivision

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what I can expect as far as being paid /board foot for a load of pine delivered to the guy in our area who sells to the mills.

Why have a middle man why not take it to the mill yourself? Thats what i do. $200.00 per thousand here, that does depend on the time of year.

the mill I haul too won't take pine at all.
only place here to get rid of it is meade, pulpwood. pretty much give it to them, after a 1 hr haul, so, I throw pine over the hill.
can't help ya on price for pine
-Ralph

Pine is not worth harvesting right now. If you can avoid cutting now I would. Dont know exact prices for logs. But the pulp you can expect 17.50 a ton. Just not worth it. Let it grow till markets come back.

We do Hazard removals and general removals on the scale from 1 to 10 trees on average, so this is the wood from a few of those saved up.

We don't have mills close buy and my truck is only a six wheeler so half the time I'm giving this stuff away, but this is a nice load.

Pine will sell for just about what it cost you to bring it to the mill or maybe less.

See if the Canadians want it. They send 50ft. flatbeds down to New England all the time to haul back pine logs, allegedly the pay is decent and they don't care too much about grade, just looking for full truck loads.

That being said, residential take-downs that have been stockpiled for the summer may be difficult to sell to anyone. If you can find a schmuck that wants them, let him take them.

TreeDivision since I know where your located in Derry I believe ..well thats whwere Im from also but anyway , call Harold Estes at Estes Lumber in Hudson and see if he will come with his truck and pick it up or you can deliver it to him..He's right off 102 in Hudson/Londonderry line .

But David is right unless you have a well established buyer and produce large amounts you probably are'nt looking at getting a whole lot unless it's #1 logs and being as these are removed from around homes they very well might be loaded with meatl in which case they're gonna be junk and will likely not get anything for them.

If you have any questions you can send me a private message or email me .

The mill we send all our Pine to has us on quota of only being able to bring in 8 loads a week between our 2 fully mechanical crews that does'nt take more than a day..last week my crew blew through 100mbf of pine in 4 days..Not bad ehh.. :)

Later Rob

This is a wide spread thing, Mills have shut down here in arkansas due to the lumber market, anybody think its caused by the high cost of shiping, fuel is so out of control they have to compensate somehow. Our mill is still taking logs full bore but its got to catch up to them eventually.

In georgia they woulndt take the pine if it was more than a week old. The dump we take it to grinds it up into course chips. They then resell the material to the paper mill to burn for energy. Pretty good setup for them.

I got 220 for w/pine + and 140 for w/Pine pallet log run. Prices look to stay low for the 3rd and 4th quarters, due to the housing slow down.

Good run of pine logs should be close to $300 MBF int rule roadside and over $300.00 at mill based on sales in southern maine

dave

Ed K said:
I got 220 for w/pine + and 140 for w/Pine pallet log run. Prices look to stay low for the 3rd and 4th quarters, due to the housing slow down.

Are those prices on the landing or delivered to the mill?

Roadside i.e landing on woodlot or an arborists storage yard
& delivered to a mill $250 to 300 would be expected

The logs are run of the lot, not by grade, no 8 footers, no knots over 4" or so unless the log is over 15" and 12 to16' to used for log cabin stock. fresh cut no stain, straight and well trimmed. $ 300 to 360 dekivered to the mill to be expected.

8' pallet $120+/- roadside and around $200 at the mill

Delivery into Maine Mills and eastern NH along Maine border where there is competition amoung several mills that saw from 5 to 20 MM bf per year per mill and canadians haul off a fair amount of wood.

dave

I have a mill that pays $275mbf for 11'' and up 8's, 10's,12's,14's, and 16's. He's milling them in to house logs. Used to be able to get $400mbf down here for the white pine but not any more. Grade red oak is only $400mbf!!!!:cry:

Here in the PNW, the only native marketable pine west of the Cascades is western white pine. Not the best pine, but till recently, it has always paid $400 mbf, with no deductions unless the knots are way oversize--any length over 16 feet. Now we get 350-400 depending on who I sell to--we just sent in about 1500 bf today along with 2500 feet of fir. Pictures/story here: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=491781&posted=1#post491781

Latest posts

Back