What is the best fuel filter? Flows, but filters well.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wondering what you dealer types, or you guys that buy them several at a time use. Which ones filter well, but flow well enough for the big gas hogs or ported saws. If you have a couple you use, such as up to a certain size you use X filter, and then after that size use a Y filter. TIA

Ok, one of the ones I need is for an ole McCulloch and I don't want to use oem cause the inflated price, design, and availability of so many that are good quality product.

Anybody like the walbro ones?

Ok, one of the ones I need is for an ole McCulloch and I don't want to use oem cause the inflated price, design, and availability of so many that are good quality product.

Anybody like the walbro ones?

Don't know the first thing about McCullochs, but I've never ever replaced a Stihl fuel filter, so if a Stihl fuel filter doesn't already fit just fine, I would get some fuel line that would allow for a Stihl related fuel filter. They must filter just fine, because I always have crap floating around in my tank due to my not taking any time or care to keep crap out of my fuel tanks and in 7-8 years of logging, I've yet to ever have a fuel related issue, with the one exception of water in the carb due to refueling during an awesome thunderstorm.

Those filters will flow enough for a modded 084 without any issue.
Sam

I like the big Walbro filters and have used some on chainsaws that OEM filters are available for because I happen to already have the Walbro.

I recently owned a Poulan Pro 455 that had a case of "white death"which is crud in the magnesium tank.The cheapo aftermarket filters would clog up in about 30 minutes.The "better" Walbro filters would last about 5 tanks of fuel.Which tells me the cheapos were the better filters if you have a crud problem.If you have a saw that needs max fuel,then maybe the Walbro is better,just be sure your tank is clean

Back