what is the differnce between a Husky 372 and 32XP top end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Lee

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just won a 372XP on ebay. Seller say's he put an OEM "non xtorque" 372xp top end on it......
What did i get myself into?

crap.....supposed to say 372 and 372xp.....
I don't see an edit feature

Super clean,low hour 372, 2013 model.came to me scored.i installed a older 372.xp.cylinder"non xtorq".with a new piston,carb,all oem.parts..also installed a non limited coil..may need minor carb adjustments.when it brakes in..thanks for looking all plastic is correct.for model..

I have always been a bit of a hot rodder.............raced flat track for 17 years, 84 volt golf cart, 60 mph mini nike, 210 mph gsxr, 1800hp blown alcohol boat, etc.
Can someone, who knows, please tell me the difference in porting, number of rings, compression, liner, or whatever other difference there may be between a 372xp non xtorque and a 372xp xtorque top end?
I spent four hours last night searching this site and could not find anything.
Thanks!

It sounds like it was the older pre x torq cylinder he installed. If it runs good sounds fine to me.
I knew that already...LOL
What does it take to get taken serious here?
( yep that fellow above set the tone )

So what would you like to know Gary? How can we help?
Or is this more of a “you suck, look what I scored thread?”
Really? Did I get something good? I don't know **** about chainsaws but I build guns for a living and have a full machine shop........
I know y'all aren't jealous of my mustache because I didn't post my pic in my profile so what gives?

So what would you like to know Gary? How can we help?
Or is this more of a “you suck, look what I scored thread?”
I posted this question above:

Can someone, who knows, please tell me the difference in porting, number of rings, compression, liner, or whatever other difference there may be between a 372xp non xtorque and a 372xp xtorque top end?
Thanks!

I posted this question above:

Thanks!

Missed that post.
If you know nothing about saws how is this info going to help you. Both saws run great. XT cyl is bigger, more displacement. Usually has more grunt.
Everything else is subjective

Latest posts

Back