What is the most wood you have burned in a week?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It has been -20 or colder for the past week here at night time before the wind chill. I burned a whole face cord of wood and was just wondering what the most wood you have burned in a week?

During those brutal -25 with 40 mph wind blasts in January I burned just over a cord per week. Granted it wasn't all top notch wood and I heat 2 old farmhouses, but still.

1/3 of a cord per week when it was 0 or below every night.

It was -15 and colder the last week at night before wind and the days weren't too great. Took about 2/3 of a face cord.

During polar vortex 1 we were doing a wheelbarrow and a half per day, plus one big round or ugly at night for an all nighter.

A bunch for here. 1/4 to 1/3 cord I guess that one wicked cold week.

We are heating one small leaky cabin plus the planet Earth.

Probably a couple of hundred pounds (thoroughly air-dried) per week. Never really counted- not an accountant.

Soooooo much preferable to gas or oil. No comparison. Stacks sufficient for many years. Bite me, Exxon/Mobil.

Wood box full usually lasts 5-6 days, been filling it every other day. Don't know how much that is but don't matter got lots.

i can burn half a cord in each of my stoves in a week of cold weather. thats if im home to fill them every 3-5 hours. i could burn through upwords of 20 cord a year if i stayed home all the time

This would be a good year to know your "total" wood consumption. It can be used as a "worst case" measuring stick for the amount of firewood you will need for any heating season. If you process the same amount of wood you used this year, every year, you will be able to handle a normal winter with ease. And still have enough in case of another "winter from Hell", like we just went through.

This would be a good year to know your "total" wood consumption. It can be used as a "worst case" measuring stick for the amount of firewood you will need for a heating season. If you process the same amount of wood you used this year, every year, you will be able to handle a normal winter with ease. And still have enough in case of another "winter from Hell", like we just went through.
That's my plan.

If anyone is serious about burning wood, and doesn't want to run out, it seems like an awful good plan to follow.

This would be a good year to know your "total" wood consumption. It can be used as a "worst case" measuring stick for the amount of firewood you will need for any heating season. If you process the same amount of wood you used this year, every year, you will be able to handle a normal winter with ease. And still have enough in case of another "winter from Hell", like we just went through.
"Winter from Hell" isn't done here yet, snowed about another 12" last night and still snowing. Neighbor measured the snow in the bed of his old truck parked for the winter, 43" as of this morning.

Back