What kind of food or snacks is in your nose bag while out on the rigging?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A chaser was cramping up. The crew hadn't worked for a while and he wasn't used to it any more. Another guy had pickle juice and the chaser drank it. The cramps went away. No, I don't know whether it was dill or sweet pickle juice.

Good stuff thanks a bunch all! I may try the Kuliens next time after reading all the good things about them on here from the few who have worn them. I really dont think its gonna matter what I wear when on steep and brushy ground im gonna roll ankles but I cant say from experiance

I like those PowerBar "Max" bars. They taste like chocolatey sand but they pack a punch, energy-wise, for that last two hours of the day. I swear by my CamelBak. I hang everything off of it, like a backpack -- Spencer tape, ##### pad, earplugs, first-aid kit. I wear it under my vest, over line gear, or all by its lonesome. I've never been fond of 'spenders so this thing takes their place, and carries 100 ounces of water to boot!

Save up a lot. Kuliens start in the $600 range and then, like a car, there are options. They are good and feel light on the feet.

Have you worn Kuliens before slowp? I personally only know a handfull of people who have worn em always lookin for more input. My dad was skeptical when he first got his but now swears by em. He has planter fasciitis and weak ankles an they helped him out a buch just cuz of the fit. I really liked the way they look on the foot and the craftmanship is second to none. Lots of thought in those boots.

If you go Tillamook don't call em boots. They are shoes and you will be wrong no matter what argument you give. Just a heads up lol and slowp is right they start out around 600.

Yes. I've had 3 pairs. My current, and last pair felt very light when compared to the Wescos. I need to take them in and get the soles repaired. The last pair do not shed the water as well as the older ones did when new. They still do OK.

When you first put them on, you feel like you can run and jump and skip all over because they are lightweight.

Good stuff thanks a bunch all! I may try the Kuliens next time after reading all the good things about them on here from the few who have worn them. I really dont think its gonna matter what I wear when on steep and brushy ground im gonna roll ankles but I cant say from experiance

My rolled out wesco experiences are all older well worn and stretched out boots that just kept stretching. But i don't think thats your problem now, with the ankles, I thiink that will pass as you toughen up a little and become more graceful- just comes with some time working in the brush

Thanks guys and girl I really want to try a pair of the Kuliens and I think I will on my next boot purchase, I agree I will get my brush legs soon enough. Thanks all!

Yes. I've had 3 pairs. My current, and last pair felt very light when compared to the Wescos. I need to take them in and get the soles repaired. The last pair do not shed the water as well as the older ones did when new. They still do OK.

When you first put them on, you feel like you can run and jump and skip all over because they are lightweight.

Thanks for the feedback slowp. Thats they way everyone that I know has a pair feels. Hmm what kinda oil are you usin? They're advocating the obenauf's light duty oil and i've been usin it with my hoffmans and hawthornes and they shed water like gortex. pretty amazing really. Even soaked the hawthornes with the pressure washer at close range while on my foot and nothin went through.

Got to ask what is a nose bag?

Used on horses and other critters so a fella don't have to stand there graining them.

It's old school terminology for a dudes lunch sack. . .

morral.jpg

Got to ask what is a nose bag?

A lot of guys used to use the metal lunch pails, and they were kept on the landing. Come lunch time the hooker would call up to the landing and say send down the nose bags. The chaser would hook em to a choker and the yarder would send them down. At least that was my experience:msp_rolleyes:
Oh ya, another saying that came from horses was when something broke down you'd say it "coughed its oats"

I remember seeing the fallers stop about every 2 hours and eat.
One day they were close to the landing moving to another sale, and I watched what they ate.
It was little debby snack cakes and Cokes.
They were some big guys with big saws, and it worked for them.
We would just take our lunch and eat whenever there was a break in the trucks under the loader.
Mostly PB&J, Bologna, chips and cookies
When it got hot, lots and lots of water....
Keep hydrated!!!

Latest posts

Back