What Kind of Pine/Evergreen Do You Burn?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly Doug fir (80%), some subalpine fir (5%) (but only because it is on the property and dead), lodgepole (10%) is better than I thought. The rest Western larch when I can find it.

I have a bunch of posts, and am generally disliked by those that lack an appreciation for sarcasm, or have met me in person.:(

Agreed. We're all faceless blobs, anons online. Some of these braggards may be 9 Y.O. girls in mommies basement. Who knows ?
No need to demean or put down, or little babe name -calling. Read "fru-fru", " HAarry Homeowner", "Weekend Warrior" while
bleating about how "pro" one is. Delete all this and tell us what you know.
So these "pros" throw bombs, but can't take the talk back. Thin skins. Enough. Let's talk wood, give info, learn, have fun.

I have a bunch of posts, and am generally disliked by those that lack an appreciation for sarcasm, or have met me in person.:(

Yep, I can see how many dislike you. Especially when you sell out the Sugi bars so quick and never carry something that will fit my Makita.

I wish we had more pine here, and less of these.

View attachment 396313
Central Utah Evergreen.

lmao. That's awesome. Probably easy to split. Stacking and handling may suck though. Of course you could get some Mormons to help out. There's two missionaries near me that follow along when I walk my dog.

I'm hoping LDSS is the acronym for Latter Day Saint Sinner or something similar. If you're a good Mormon disregard my comment above.

Did I mention pitch? ........Giggle.

F5C8B2D0-096D-4BFA-85DD-AE3AD41B1E99_zpsxcsp7jiv.jpg

I hoard good Tamarack pieces like I do oak and sugar maple.

I threw some little split butt ends about 5-6" diameter into the stove the other night that I just cut and the outside of the piece became engulfed in a blue flame.

It was awesome.:blob2:

Redwood, Douglass fir, Ponderosa Pine, Sugar Pine, tan-oak, madrone is my hardwood of choice. Any thing that will fit into the wood stove!!!!!

I burn a little white pine and lodgepole pine when I can get it, tried jackpine cause I have acres of it, but seems to make to much ash in my indoor wood boiler.

Latest posts

Back