What kind of vines?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this grape vine is around 9 inches diameter. i can't believe it hasn't toppled the tree. this is in my grandfather's pasteur climbing up a southern red oak.

Here are a couple of pictures I just took in the freezing rain. I hope they show what I am trying to explain. I think from what I am reading on the board they are wild grape, but have never seen any flowering.

Thanks
Shipper

Last edited:
Yep again of the grape vine.

BTW, I've got some Wisteria growing on the old homeplace in Louisiana that has invaded some pecans and walnuts. My grandmother had one wisteria vine that she kept pruned, now it's spread over about 4 acres. I'll take a picture of it next time I'm over there and post it here. It will flat kill any tree it's allowed to grow in/on.

Yep again of the grape vine.

BTW, I've got some Wisteria growing on the old homeplace in Louisiana that has invaded some pecans and walnuts. My grandmother had one wisteria vine that she kept pruned, now it's spread over about 4 acres. I'll take a picture of it next time I'm over there and post it here. It will flat kill any tree it's allowed to grow in/on.

My neighbor has a pine that is about 20"DBH that was strangled by wisteria .

Just what I thought.
It does make a nice wreath though.

Latest posts

Back