What method/Devices do you use to Measure your mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afterburn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello from OZ, am interested in your thoughts regarding as the title would suggest techniques and devices that the more experienced of us use to prepare their favourite libation and how to get such vital fluids in your chosen device without making a massive mess.
Have purchased a 661 with 32" light bar with semi chisel chain only have one tank through it thus far, am more then pleased with the beast but am not so happy with spilling the good stuff, keen to learn what others are doing?.

The Stihl oil containers have a see through stripe (with 100 ml increments marked of course) on the side. If you buy one, you can buy any brand or size after that and use that as your measuring cup!

I like using a 500 ml and puring from 1 litre containers into it.

The Stihl oil containers have a see through stripe (with 100 ml increments marked of course) on the side. If you buy one, you can buy any brand or size after that and use that as your measuring cup!

I like using a 500 ml and puring from 1 litre containers into it.
Thanks CM am cutting large hard firewood only mixing 1litre at a time so I have fresh mix each time I run her, have a 5 litre jug of ultra and a 20 litre Jerrycan of 98ron, perhaps decanting into smaller vessels would help and a Funnel? Everything seems to get covered in chips and dust no matter how I try to keep it clean, didn't seem to matter before spending time on this site:crazy:.

I fill a 1 or 2 Liter (old oil) canister with fuel and add the 2-stroke oil with a 25ml syringe out of a 1 Liter 2-Stroke oil can.

I never mix more then 2 Liters of fuel at once and this way I have control over the mix ratio without making any mess.

To fill my saws tanks I usually use the 1 Liter Shell oil canister that features a nice narrow throat allowing spill free re-fueling.

Works for me like this for almost a decade now and I am fine with it.

1 Liter Shell oil canister , featuring a see-through window and 100ml increment markings:
Fuel container 1 Liter.JPG

EDIT: That is 100ml markings on the Shell oil canister , not as originally stated 50ml - sorry , my bad.

:clap::bowdown::thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures::thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures::):)
I fill a 1 or 2 Liter (old oil) canister with fuel and add the 2-stroke oil with a 25ml syringe out of a 1 Liter 2-Stroke oil can.

I never mix more then 2 Liters of fuel at once and this way I have control over the mix ratio without making any mess.

To fill my saws tanks I usually use the 1 Liter Shell oil canister that features a nice narrow throat allowing spill free re-fueling.

Works for me like this for almost a decade now and I am fine with it.

1 Liter Shell oil canister , feature a see-through window and 50ml increment markings:
View attachment 432951
Hey WDE really like the syringe idea satisfies the scientist in me and my pedantic nature:numberone:

There are engine admixture half litre containers with another 25 ml compartment with 5ml graduations in the top corner which is charged by squeezing the bottle, get a hold of one of those, 50:1 = 20ml per litre of fuel, easy as!
Thansk

Hey WDE really like the syringe idea satisfies the scientist in me and my pedantic nature:numberone:
A 25ml syringe with a piece of tube for reach as the oil canister empties does the trick fairly well!
1l fuel + 20ml oil = 1:50
1l fuel + 25ml oil = 1:40

There are engine admixture half litre containers with another 25 ml compartment with 5ml graduations in the top corner which is charged by squeezing the bottle, get a hold of one of those, 50:1 = 20ml per litre of fuel, easy as!
Thansk
I have a 2-stroke oil canister with an integrated "measuring cup" - I don't like it , doesn't seem very precise.
But that is just me.
DSC00461.JPG

I have a 1/2 Liter fuel canister with fuel/oil markings that I've got with my weed-whacker , I don't like it as one needs a leveled surface to use it properly!
But , again - that's just me.

MEASURING-JUG-600x600.jpg

A 25ml syringe with a piece of tube for reach as the oil canister empties does the trick fairly well!
1l fuel + 20ml oil = 1:50
1l fuel + 25ml oil = 1:40

I have a 2-stroke oil canister with an integrated "measuring cup" - I don't like it , doesn't seem very precise.
But that is just me.
View attachment 432955

I have a 1/2 Liter fuel canister with fuel/oil markings that I've got with my weed-whacker , I don't like it as one needs a leveled surface to use it properly!
But , again - that's just me.
Yes that's the type, I like it because it's easy to keep clean, jugs collect dust n cr*p, it's really quick & fairly accurate.
Thansk

Y'all would absolutely die. I pour bel-ray into an empty 20 ounce Gatorade bottle, then dump it into 5 gallons of pump gas

Beat ya, I asked my Stihl dealer to save me a bunch of 2.6oz oil bottles so I could premeasure out my 4oz of k2. If you fill right below the neck on the Stihl bottles you gots yourself a 32:1 ready.

Stihl sell 2t oil in a 1 litre squeezy bottle with a small measuring compartment at the top, its measured to 100ml but can be filled to 125ml. 125ml in 5 litres is 40-1

Buy one and refill it from your 5 litre when empty, if you look after it and don't squash the crap out of it or overtighten the lids, they'll last for years

Back