What model Dolmar is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motodeficient

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, saw this locally on craigslist. What is it, Dolmar PS 340?

dolmar.jpg

They want $25 and said it works great. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. Its probably been 3 years since I bought a chainsaw, but this looks like too good of a deal to pass up. I need a smaller companion to my snellerized MS361.

smaller version of a ps401. I love my ps401 for little stuff. Good build quality for a very light saw.

smaller version of a ps401. I love my ps401 for little stuff. Good build quality for a very light saw.

So you think its a PS340? They didn't say what the model was in the ad so I just guessed by looking at other images of Dolmar saws on the net.

No, I misunderstood. I thought you were Stating that it was a 340, not Asking. My mistake.

It Looks, from that view, just like my ps401. They made a smaller (cc-wise) version of the 401, and I think it was the 340. The 107 and 108 that Steve mentioned were slightly earlier versions of the same saw, or similar, I think.

Notice a bunch of "thinks & thoughts"?

I'm no Dolmar expert, But I can tell from the pic it's in the 401 style of saws, and it bears repeating, I like mine a lot for small stuff.

Thanks for the replies and info guys. If the dude doesn't flake out, I will pick it up this afternoon and let you know what it is!

Well, I guess I missed out on it. I told the guy to text me when he wanted me to come pick it up, but he emailed me instead and I didn't get it till 4 hours later and he sold it to someone else in the meantime. :bang:

Look at it this way, it was an older saw that may have had more wrong with it than would have been worth to fix.

On C list, the first on there with cash gets it, no matter what the buyer tells you. I knew a guy that was driving two hrs to pick up something. Seller did have the decency to call him about 15 min B4 he got there to let him know it had just sold. Such is life.

I love my PS401. I had it woods ported by Dave Neiger and it is an evil little beast for it's size! Noboby believes it when they see it in action. There is someone else on this site that has done the same thing, it's been so long I can't remember who. Maybe Mopar Man but, he got the same results.

I love my PS401. I had it woods ported by Dave Neiger and it is an evil little beast for it's size! Noboby believes it when they see it in action. There is someone else on this site that has done the same thing, it's been so long I can't remember who. Maybe Mopar Man but, he got the same results.
I have the smaller Makita DSC340, did a bit of port work and MM, like you say its evil.
Seems like a very well built saw, I am looking for a 401 top end to mod and put on the saw.
BBB

I remember several months ago Randy was going to port one. I haven't seen any further details. I have one I would like to port.

Latest posts

Back