What model Jonsered is this and is $75 a good price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a terrible deal. Pm me the saw's location and contact information. I'll talk him down then, make him sell it top you

Your 630 will cut circles around the 520sp. Build quality is much better, too. But, for $75 in great running condition, you won't get hurt. Clamshell engine design. I have had trouble trying to seal air leaks at the oiler, but I did have one that ran great. It doesn't fit into my three saw plan. For limbing, I go to the 490 and felling, I use the 920. It was not one of Jonsered's better models.

Your 630 will cut circles around the 520sp. Build quality is much better, too. But, for $75 in great running condition, you won't get hurt. Clamshell engine design. I have had trouble trying to seal air leaks at the oiler, but I did have one that ran great. It doesn't fit into my three saw plan. For limbing, I go to the 490 and felling, I use the 920. It was not one of Jonsered's better models.

Thanks a TON. I appreciate the free info, and if you ask me, my 630 West Coast will cut circles around ANYTHING of comparable size but it was dad's saw so I am partial.

:pumpkin2:

The 510/520 may have been a low point but there are hundreds of those saws still around and still cutting.

Yeah that's because they have spent most of their life in a non-starting condition....or already blown up...LOL!! A friend of mine has one and he cut a 2-3" slot in the recoil cover with the rope...many many pulls...seen more of those on the dump than anywhere else... Sorry but the 5XX saws were the absolute low point in the Jonsered story....except the 590 which wasn't really a Jonsered at all....those were pretty darn good!!!

Yeah that's because they have spent most of their life in a non-starting condition....or already blown up...LOL!! A friend of mine has one and he cut a 2-3" slot in the recoil cover with the rope...many many pulls...seen more of those on the dump than anywhere else... Sorry but the 5XX saws were the absolute low point in the Jonsered story....except the 590 which wasn't really a Jonsered at all....those were pretty darn good!!!

I was looking up 920s, would LOVE to get my hands on 1 of those!

Latest posts

Back