What model of McCulloch do I have here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any of you saw collectors here know what model Mac this saw is. There are not marks of what model it is on it. It was in excellent, but dirty condition when I got it. It has the original yellow Mac paint on it. I did re paint the gas and oil tanks as they had some paint that had came of in places. It was stored for years, but who ever put it away drained the gas and oil. I cleaned the carb and put fresh gas in it and after sitting dormant for the last 35 years, she fired up in 3 pulls and was ready to get back to the woods, but I wasn't quite ready to take her. Another thing I was wondering. This saw has no clutch cover. It has a plate with the chain adjuster that hold the bar on, but no cover. Is it missing, or did it not have a cover when it was made. The clutch is exposed as it is now

I'm no Mac expert by any stretch but, it looks like a 15. A very clean one at that.

Mac 15

That is the stock set up on the clutch, no cover just a snap in cap to enclose the works.

By putting the gas tank above the carburetor and eliminating the fuel pump in the carburetor it does make for a very reliable fuel delivery system, though it makes the saw appear a bit top heavy.

I have two, one running and one waiting for its turn.

Mark

attachment.php

Pretty sure yes...

I think the dates are correct, this was an early McCulloch attempt at a consumer saw, cut out all of the unnecesssary stuff to save cost. Haven't worked on mine in a while but I believe is shares a lot of parts with the 200/250/300 family, same bore/stroke etc.

Notice the elaborate anti - vibe system?

Mark

attachment.php

It looks like the entire motor is the same as a 250/300 with the exception of the intake. Looks like it would cut, but it might chip a tooth if you don't wear a mouth guard.

The block is a little different as only two of the three ports have been machined out. Other than that I have gathered a couple of these locally only as parts saws for my sp125, starters and other odd and ends.

Latest posts

Back