What not to do on a bid!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just berfore all you americans start running us down, it might interest you to know our gas prices peak 10$ a gallon ;-)

adronetree, you aware of the national climbing comp in two weeks time? Saturday, 21 April. Its in Skien. Come on up!

Hey, someone told me about it. I certainly wouldn't be entering it lol. It could be fun to watch though.
Do they have to import a tall enough tree from the US for the competition??? Just kidding there are some tall trees here too just not many. I helped my neighbor take a big one down the other day. He climbed it himself at 76 years old. I was impressed. He refused to use one of the gas saws though and instead brought out an electric stihl? First time I ever seen that.
What area are you in?? NM I just saw your profile, I'm in Arendal. Not too far away. Do you mind forwarding me some of the details on the event???

Last edited:
Interesting

John you are pretty close to dead on there. The system here in Norway works well but like you said everyone around here are the same people. I cant go anywhere in 40 miles without running into some of my wifes family. Its very small close knit culture.
And yes they have been letting refugees in from other countries who account for most of the crime in the bigger cities now. You can take a family out of Somalia but its really difficult to take Somalia out of the family.
Norway is beginning to learn from this though and they are starting to change their policy on immigration. Alot of Northern Europe are beginning to change in the same way. Ie: the new leader in Netherlands is trying to boot all the muslims to clean up Amsterdam. If you see Amsterdam now you will understand why.
I think thats one of our big struggles in the US is there really is no we if you're talking about the majority. North vs South, black vs white, latin vs. whoever, etc. etc. No one ever agrees and its extremely diverse.
Norways system wouldnt work in America no way. Unfortunately the US system is starting not to work well in the US ither.
Like you said though this is a longer conversation for a different forum I guess.
I am new to the habersham county area. I moved here from Iowa 1-1/2 years ago and bought a 140 year old home 1/2 mile south of Irvin's clothing in Banks county. The first year I lived north of Clarkesville. In Iowa I operated a retail lumberyard and 6&7 years ago, I purchased all my dimensional lumber from Germany and Austria. When you took into account exchange rates and tariffs on canadian lumber, I only paid a 10% premium over #2 and better. However, it was far superior to anything I have seen in 30 years of selling wood. Most people have seen #2 grade wood and is what is normally found for sale here. #1 is better yet. I could occasionally buy J-grade....stamped with a J and destined for Japan (where all the good U.S. lumber goes). The ability to buy eurowood lasted only 2 years, but no competitors had it and life was very....very....good! http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/msp_smile.gif

I saw one of the ads on this site and it reminded me of bids gone wrong in the past. Whats your best one??

I went on a bid for a multiple pine tree removal. I was walking the job with this wealthy and classy European homeowner woman who barely spoke or understood English.
We came to a tree with locust shells all over it and she asked what it was? I told her it was a locust skin and she didn't understand; looked at me strange.
So I took the locust off the tree and I stuck it on my nose and I said "You know, a nose bug!"
She backed away from me with a horror look on her face.
Apparently she didnt have the same sense of humor as me. That was that. Didn't get that job.
Every kid from Georgia knows what one is.
I guess you have to be from the South to appreciate a good nose bug.
285.jpg

I am gonna do this on my next bid. Thanks, I was getting bored with my own old material. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back