What NOT to do....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say to these videos on this guys page is wow. Hung up falling wood in his climbing rope not just once but twice is'nt that rookie stuff from climbing 101 to mind your lines and keep your climb out of the way of any lowering work. He keeps bringing up that he is been doing this work for over 40 yrs but it is a true example of 40 yrs worth of experience 1 time over because the bad habits displayed were never improved on over all that time. The cut leg video was the topper. I guess the positive in it all is he has lived thru all of his f}#%ups to tell the tale on video.

regarding the "badly hung oak" video...

Maybe I'm a timid safety-sally or whatever but after the chunk snagging his climb line, the business side of his handsaw gets awful close to his climb line.... and all that action going above hiis head while releasing the hung spot with the pole saw is also something that seems, at least from this angle, to venture way too far into pucker-factor territory. lol

I celebrate the man's whole catalog. Among a list of instant classics it is difficult to pick a favorite, but the following video at 2:23 is pure genius.

Well, that's one way of doing it, trying to work out where the ten ton is...

regarding the "badly hung oak" video...

Maybe I'm a timid safety-sally or whatever but after the chunk snagging his climb line, the business side of his handsaw gets awful close to his climb line.... and all that action going above hiis head while releasing the hung spot with the pole saw is also something that seems, at least from this angle, to venture way too far into pucker-factor territory. lol

I agree completely. working safely is not at all the same as being a "timid safety sally". Its called working smart.

Those cuts are ridiculous, why drop a piece that size, right next to the building without a lowering line? The guy filming should be running ropes instead

Why not cut the hanger out of that topped spar while the ground is still supporting the rest? Plenty of other trees to rig to, no excuse to be lazy and not set up a block, porty, etc and do it the right way.

Never saw any of AA other videos, don't think I want to either.......................that's just madness

This AA guy comes across as a guy that thinks he knows it all but in fact he's just a sloppy fool that doesn't even have the basics right, to make it worse he proudly shows off his poor work and expects admiration. I should probably focus on being a bit less cynical but that's my honest impression

This AA guy comes across as a guy that thinks he knows it all but in fact he's just a sloppy fool that doesn't even have the basics right, to make it worse he proudly shows off his poor work and expects admiration. I should probably focus on being a bit less cynical but that's my honest impression

You are correct.

He knows comedy though, his timing is brilliant.

You missed the whole charade when he was still allowed to post here. Went on quite a while and he actually had some people defending him!:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back