what paint to use restoring older husky's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moody
M

moody

Hopefully you aren't planning to ruin any rare collectors items by repainting them?

I doubt those are his intentions.

But to the OP please don't paint it unless you've got the right paint. I'd hate for anyone to unknowingly devalue any rare items when they have good intentions. Painting older stuff will drop value in some cases. If you're just lookin to spruce a saw up that's common just post pictures.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I doubt those are his intentions.

But to the OP please don't paint it unless you've got the right paint. I'd hate for anyone to unknowingly devalue any rare items when they have good intentions. Painting older stuff will drop value in some cases. If you're just lookin to spruce a saw up that's common just post pictures.

Of course not - but many collectors items have been "devaluated" by so-called "restauration" that included paint.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I've heard that powder coating works best - but guess finding the right color could be a challenge.....

Unless some accident and/or bad discoloration happened, I never would do it - normal wear and tear is not a good enough reason!

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Rust Oleum safety orange is pretty close and can be found anywhere.

Not a big fan of painting old saws but there are times when it is the only option.

We aren't talking fine furniture here. I bet a faded old 2100 no matter how "original" it is would bring far fewer dollars on ebay than a cobbled bright and shiney one?

attachment.php

attachment.php

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
sjames

sjames

ArboristSite Lurker
I wasn't planning on painting any plastic, just the metal parts, I'm gonna try to polish up the plastic parts and see if I can bring back the original color.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2