What past vehicle do you wish you had back?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not wishing for the truck back quite yet, I just sold it to my BIL 4 weeks ago. But my favorite vehicle ever has to be my '94 Ranger. Extended cab, auto and 4.0 V6. It's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and it actually had a very nice ride for being a 'little truck'. I drove it for 8 years and it had 143K on it when I sold it.

ed680ae6.jpg

2 come to mind, my '74 NY'er and my '66 Plymouth Valiant. I am actively hunting down a replacement '66 to tow my teardrop camper with. My '66 had no rust, and no dents, had faded paint and a slant six but just oozed cool! I have the car I would have killed for in H/S, my '67 Dodge Coronet.

My Mudder!

1972 Toyota Landcruiser with a 350 Chevy. My brother and I built this doing a frame up restoration. We repainted the frame and complete under carriage. Put in a 350 chevy small block with a hot cam and 4 barrel. Engine was painted, clear coated and chromed. Then we threw the crappy body back on without doing anything to it to get it running for a meet and it was a sleeper as it looked beat.

Of course the 36" Bridgestone mud duelers, and stacks sticking out of hood gave a hint of what was underneath!

Giving some more thought I might also like to have my 1936 chev pickup back that I started a frame up restoration on and the lost the storage space and had to sell it!

attachment.php

My old 250 ford 4x4. I built an engine for it, 351W, .060over, crane cam kit (.494" and .512" lift and 214 degrees and 224 degrees @ .050 lift., performer RPM 600 holley, full MSD ignition, and hedman headers and 2.5" exhaust.
That truck beat a 5.0 thunderbird in a street race, even with a BW T-18. WOOHOO
mike
I changed that my bad sorry

Last edited:
Where to begin?

1969 Dodge van. Fun ride, finally killed it.
1965 Chev truck. Needed lots of work.
1965 Chev Impala, slow reliable.
1968 Dodge van, gutless wonder compared to the '69
1960 chev truck. 6 cyl, I kinda miss this one
1973 Pontiac lemans. Fast, fun.
1975 Chev Luv, worn out junk
1979 Chev Luv 4X4, after enough $$ it was reliable.
1969 Chev truck 3/4. Reliable and ugly.
1984 Dodge caravan... Didn't really care for minivans.
1967 Dodge truck. a Classic??? Hauled wood well.
1983 Toyota 4X4, excellent truck. Slow, excellent in snow.

Not counting the current daily drivers, and projects.
-Pat

I miss my suzuki RGV250L, its little V twin 2 stroke engine would embarrass almost every car on the road and much bigger bikes on the track. It was my first real racebike and it taught me alot. I never had a speedo on it and rode it like I stole it for long enough to know I had done it for to long.
Ive since owned many 750's and 900's but have never been able to ride anything as quick as that was.
Nearly none of them left now, all been crashed to oblivion.

Barracuda

1970 plymouth barracuda 426 hemi, 426 hp. this car did wheelies right out of the showroom

Sal B anymore pictures of the cuda.. I'm not a Mopar fan but the Hemi cars we always awsum to look at..

If you still have it theres your retirement..

I would like to have 2 cars back, they are at opposite ends of the spectrum. #1 1975 VW Super Beetle, #2 1971 Buick Riviera boattail, 455 cu in.

MikeInParadise said:
1972 Toyota Landcruiser with a 350 Chevy. My brother and I built this doing a frame up restoration. We repainted the frame and complete under carriage. Put in a 350 chevy small block with a hot cam and 4 barrel. Engine was painted, clear coated and chromed. Then we threw the crappy body back on without doing anything to it to get it running for a meet and it was a sleeper as it looked beat.

Of course the 36" Bridgestone mud duelers, and stacks sticking out of hood gave a hint of what was underneath!

Giving some more thought I might also like to have my 1936 chev pickup back that I started a frame up restoration on and the lost the storage space and had to sell it!
One of my brothers has had at least four of these, one he bought in florida (rust free) with a really fresh 327.
Last one(which he still has) was a bush buggy hauling moose outside North Bay for a lot of years. We did a ground up on it, including building from scratch most of a tub.

Stihl Crazy said:
I would like to have 2 cars back, they are at opposite ends of the spectrum. #1 1975 VW Super Beetle, #2 1971 Buick Riviera boattail, 455 cu in.

Torpedo back. I really want to customize one some day. Shave off everything. Lead it up.

Would have a 425 Nailhead transplant.

Fred

this car was alot of fun.......even with that flashy paint job ha ha ha. people would stop laughing when it pulled the front wheels off the ground.

Toneman said:
Nice Car Ken,
What motor did it have and what was done to it?

wow!!! now that i think about it that was close to 15 years ago. the moter was 454, i don't even remember all the good stuff that was in it. trans was a t-400 with a manual reversed valve body. 12 bolt rear with 4.11's. the car ran low 11's in the 1/4 mile. i have more pic's kicking around some where.

PWB said:
One of my brothers has had at least four of these, one he bought in florida (rust free) with a really fresh 327.
Last one(which he still has) was a bush buggy hauling moose outside North Bay for a lot of years. We did a ground up on it, including building from scratch most of a tub.

I'm sure a lot of people told you that was a lost cause. Wow, nice job.

I just sold (traded for a husky 3120 actually) my rusty FJ60 so now I have an excuse to take a trip to the southwest and pickup a nice rust free one. I'd rather not do all the work involved in a frame up :) I'd love to import a diesel.

retoocs555 said:
I'm sure a lot of people told you that was a lost cause. Wow, nice job.

I just sold (traded for a husky 3120 actually) my rusty FJ60 so now I have an excuse to take a trip to the southwest and pickup a nice rust free one. I'd rather not do all the work involved in a frame up :) I'd love to import a diesel.
Thanks. All that was original was the hood, the rad cradle etc, firewall, frame around the top of the tub, body panels ahead of the door. We built it all out of 14 gauge, and made the front fenders (and some back fender extensions) out of 1/8" checkerplate. Built the fenders 3" wider than stock to accomodate the tires, made the extensoins on the back to match. He didn't want to build the whole tub wider because he wanted to put the hardtop back on. This one has the stock toyota six (an old chev design). Engine ran a lot better after we dumped the worn out points distributor and installed a 70's GM electronic distibutor with the coil in the cap. This is a drop in if you ever need to get a better spark on one of these.

Latest posts

Back