What saw did you start out with??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Man

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What saw was your first saw and how old were you? ill start... i started on a mcculloch mac 3216 when i was 15

It was late 1977 and the saw was a craftsman with something like a 14" bar ,and a lever that you could push to "sharpen " the chain . Looking back , a hacksaw would have been more effective once I "sharpened " the chain . :msp_w00t:

It was late 1977 and the saw was a craftsman with something like a 14" bar ,and a lever that you could push to "sharpen " the chain . Looking back , a hacksaw would have been more effective once I "sharpened " the chain . :msp_w00t:

You either needed a new stone, or someone put a conventional chain on it. Otherwise, it cut pretty good.

I ran a little poulan with my uncle at age 8 or so. The first one I bought was a husky 350 at 16 and then a couple years later went to stihls 460 and 044.

My first saw was an Echo CS-315 which i traded my first paycheck for right out of high school. 97 bucks. Money well spent as i still use it today...Bob

My an 18" Poulan Pro from Lowe's when I was in my 30's. Before that I used my all my Dad's saws starting when I was about 16. He had a broad mix from a little McCulloch to a Stihl 090 (which I never used until this year (and I'm 41...).) Right now, I use his 011 as my limbing saw.

My first and best ever saw was a 254xp that I bought at age 24. I used my dads 032 stihls as a kid and my grandfathers old 1074 pioneer(what a screamer) he came from the buck saw days and he thought that old pioneer was like a hotsaw.(great memories)

First saw I ever ran was a little red Craftsman in 1978. First saw I bought myself was an 028S. Come to think of it, I need to acquire an 028S for old time's sake. :msp_biggrin:

my dad started letting my use his old electric sears chainsaw at about 8 or so; and my 5th grade christmas present was a brand new poulan woodshark; I was the happiest kid around

Latest posts

Back