What should I plant?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
begleytree

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
What purpose would you like the new trees to serve? shade, windbreak, asthetics?
what size limitations do you have?
Trees + water = weeping willow, birch, baldcypress among others.
Where in S. Ohio? I'm around Portsmouth.
-Ralph

Moved to Homeowner helper Forum

Elmore

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
oaks said:
Jackson Co. Ohio. What trees create the most profit or are easy to unload to nursery because of their high demand?

For a farely quick return I would have to say well grown Acer rubrum cultivars such as 'Autumn Flame', October Glory & Red Sunset.

begleytree

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Because it was at first one of the 'what should I plant' questions we see so often. Only later did it turn out to be a 'what can I plant for fun and profit' question.
I'll move it back for you.
-Ralph

Elmore

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
begleytree said:
Because it was at first one of the 'what should I plant' questions we see so often. Only later did it turn out to be a 'what can I plant for fun and profit' question.
I'll move it back for you.
-Ralph
Okay Ralph, I see. Looking at the opening post it does kinda sound like a gay homeowner looking for landscape tips..."What should my partner and I plant?"...heh heh. Only later does it become apparent that the "partner" is a business partner. My how we often jump to premature conclusions. :)

begleytree

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
LOL.
No, I honestly thought partner meant they wern't married. A little more clarification in the opening post may have gotten the info the poster was after, sooner.
-Ralph

oaks

sorry for the mix up. My business partner and I are looking for ideas on what to plant, and thought this would be a great place to get information. My wife and I ( and 2 kids) are not open for suggestions. Not that their is anything wrong with a " partner"
you just got the wrong idea. Any other suggestions on what we may plant to earn
a little income.

Elmore

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Slow growing ornamentals like Japanese Maples and grafted Ginkgo cultivars well grown and 8' to 10' should bring a good premium. Check out those American Holly they come at a premium also. There are some growers in KY that want an arm and a leg for their Hollies. These are true opaca cultivars, not 'Green Leaf' which is a hybrid.